Book with RCCL ?

Do most of you make reservations with RCCL ?

I booked elsewhere and sure regret it. :( I saw the prices go down and the had the rudest agent ever on NOS in June.

She would not budge with a price reduction.

Can I change my rervations to RCCL ?

Thanks for your help ;)

Do most of you make reservations with RCCL ?

I booked elsewhere and sure regret it. :( I saw the prices go down and the had the rudest agent ever on NOS in June.

She would not budge with a price reduction.

Can I change my rervations to RCCL ?

Thanks for your help ;)

We always book our reservation for that exact reason. With an agent you dont own your reservation. I beleive you can get it back but it isnt easy. I would call RCI.

We have always used a TA for managing our travels especially cruises.

She takes care of all the busy work and we enjoy the benefits.

If we had the time from our busy work schedule (when we retire and have some time) we will, but I am sure we will find a "new" busy then!

We both work in the Health care field and cell phones are not permitted, except at break and lunch times, and that does not give us enought time to deal with anything that arises.

Sea Ya

Never had this issue with an agent, and we have had them do a variety of things, such as moving cabins, price drops, and linking to other reservations. Never a problem.

We have had ours perks reduced in one case when there was a significant price drop, but, I think that's standard. Their commission goes down as well, and we still end up ahead.

You might want to let your better business bureau know about this agent.

I always book directly with Royal. I'm a control freak in every aspect of my life. Don't need a "middle man." :eek:

Me too. I know that some TAs offer good perks, but I still would rather have total control over my reservation. Also, when we used to use a TA, twice we had major issues while traveling, which I had to resolve myself anyway since the TA didn't go to bat for me as a TA should when problems arise. So, I am better off booking directly because I am my own best advocate, and I do not have cancelation/change fees, etc.

I like going directly to the cruise line. But if the TA web site shows some great perks/deals that I would enjoy having, I will use the TA. It is all about the best deal possible for me.

I have been lucky. I have never had an issue to change or discuss with either the cruise line or TA, so dealing with unexpected issues has never been an issue with me in 20 years of cruising. :cool:

We have used the same brick and mortar travel agency since we started cruising. No regrets and we get great service and fringe benefits. Our TA is like having a cruise planning concierge. We like the face to face aspect as well. Have booked thru RCI on line several times and transferred all but two to our TA. With one of those thru RCI we had a payment problem and had to pay more at the port before they would allow us to board.

We have used the same brick and mortar travel agency since we started cruising. No regrets and we get great service and fringe benefits. Our TA is like having a cruise planning concierge. We like the face to face aspect as well. Have booked thru RCI on line several times and transferred all but two to our TA. With one of those thru RCI we had a payment problem and had to pay more at the port before they would allow us to board.

This is us as well. A GOOD TA in a brick and morter agency is worth their weight in gold- especially if you are going to unfamiliar international destinations (or trying a new ship/line). He is exactly like a concierge and has never failed to give us good advice. And he is always eager to receive feedback, both positive and negative when we return from our trips.

But I understand that some prefer a more hands on, full control method of booking. Whatever floats your boat and gets you there and back.

It depends on the deal. Sometimes I book with RCCL and sometimes I use the large Internet TA advertised on CC. The TA told me up front when I asked that they do not honor price drops so I knew that going in. You do have to ask about their policies because it lowers their commission and some will not do it. Were you told differently before you booked? If you just assumed they would honor price drops, it is not the TA's fault.

The only time I use a travel agent is when its fairly close to a sail date, well within final payment, and i've already seen a great price drop and want to book. I typically use a big box internet TA company and in addition to my RCI balcony discount, the TA will usually give lots of perks, such as OBC, specialty restaurants and/or spa treatments.

One time there was a price drop higher cabin that I wanted to upsell to. The TA did it, but I didn't get the extra OBC had I booked that category immediately. Also sometimes you might lose perks when you ask TAs about getting you a price drop.

For the most part RCI answers their phone 24/7, so when I book directly I can call them as soon as I'm notified about a price drop. Its so very easy and the Royal service agents are awesome.

I'm book on a group cruise soon, we HAD to use a specific TA. They are never available when I call to ask a question. Never respond to emails. Always an excuse.