what time do we arrive?

megann831

We're leaving on Easter on the Pride. The ship departs at 4:30, the website coming 1 1/2 hours before, 1-3. So we can start boarding at 1? We have a suit so we have priority boarding, but we're traveling about 5 hours so I don't want to risk anything.

We didn't even get off the ship until 11:45 the last time we were on Pride, and we weren't the last ones off. We also arrived on embarkation day around noon and had to wait for a while. Lots of people were still coming off the ship.

Parking is great though, right in front of the ship, but uncovered, so if bad weather is expected you may want to throw a snow shovel in your car. Oh but I just noticed you said Easter, so hopefully you will be good with the weather LOL

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by BigRed93

For most cruises that I've gone on, the previous sailing is scheduled to get back in 8:00. I show up at 10:30-11:00, even though Carnival will always tell me not to show up until after 1:00 or 2:00. I don't know why they do that; that's totally ridiculous. If everyone showed up then, they wouldn't get us all on board before sailing time, and it would be a madhouse. They need plenty of us showing up earlier. You should too, especially since you have priority boarding. Be the first group to get on board. The sooner you get on the ship, the better. Since the previous sailing to yours is scheduled to get back in at 9:00 (an hour later than at most other ports), the 10:30 time may be overdoing it a bit. 11:30 or so would be a good time to get there. If you show up after 1:00, there will be a ton of people without priority that will already be on board, as long as there are no delays.

Edited by k2excursion

In December I showed up at 12:30 and boarded at 2:30, did not have priority boarding and the lines are crazy long. Security shook every bottle of water and examined seals on every bottle of soda, I was amazed at the amount of booze they confiscated. Looking back I should have bought FTTF.

Boarding in Baltimore is not the same as any other port, since the ship generally gets back to port 2 hours later in the morning than, say, the ships in Miami. In Miami, your can board at 10:30, because the ship docked at 7 am or earlier. In Baltimore the ship just returns around 9 am, so it is impossible to clear the ship in 1 hr.

You really can't compare the 2