Welcome to NE Germany - happy to help you enjoy

Dear Anni, based on your good advice I have planned the following from Warnemunde:

Train trip to Schwerin & Wismar using Mecklenburg Lander ticket.

Warnemunde -> Rostock Hbf 8:17-8:37 or 8:32-8:52, Depart Rostock Hbf. 9:07 (toward Hamburg), Arrive Schwerin Hbf. 10:03, Depart Schwerin Hbf. 13:46 (or 14:46) Arrive Wismar 14:21 (15:16), Depart Wismar 16:42, Arrive Rostock Hbf 17:51. Thought is go to castle in Schwerin then quick snack & on to Wismar.

I am thinking are we trying to do too much and do either Schwerin OR Wismar? We are in 60s/70s, active & have travelled on German trains in the past. Main focus in Schwerin is the castle & in Wismar, the churches & architecture. Ship in port until 2200.

Like to get your thoughts on if we are trying to do too much in one day. We realize we will be tired by the end of the day but would like to do both towns if feasible.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful reply.

Dear Anni, based on your good advice I have planned the following from Warnemunde:

Train trip to Schwerin & Wismar using Mecklenburg Lander ticket.

Warnemunde -> Rostock Hbf 8:17-8:37 or 8:32-8:52, Depart Rostock Hbf. 9:07 (toward Hamburg), Arrive Schwerin Hbf. 10:03, Depart Schwerin Hbf. 13:46 (or 14:46) Arrive Wismar 14:21 (15:16), Depart Wismar 16:42, Arrive Rostock Hbf 17:51. Thought is go to castle in Schwerin then quick snack & on to Wismar.

I am thinking are we trying to do too much and do either Schwerin OR Wismar? We are in 60s/70s, active & have travelled on German trains in the past. Main focus in Schwerin is the castle & in Wismar, the churches & architecture. Ship in port until 2200.

Like to get your thoughts on if we are trying to do too much in one day. We realize we will be tired by the end of the day but would like to do both towns if feasible.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful reply.

Hi,

This is an excellent plan, very feasible but of course only you know your capabilities. I would take your time to enjoy Schwerin and then carry on to Wismar if you feel able. You really need the longer time (ie 10:03 to 14:46) in Schwerin but with a sail-away time of 22:00 you could even take the 17:42 from Wismar and still be back in Warnemünde before 20:00.

Pleased to know that my information was of help with your plans. It makes it all worthwhile.

Happy cruising, :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Hello Travellani,

We are taking a Baltic cruise this May and will embark and disembark from Amsterdam. We would like to visit Munster for the Tank Museum there, I am thinking of taking the train from Amsterdam Central to Munster is this doable on the 1 day we are in Amsterdam?

Thanks,

Speedodeedo

Hello Travellani,

We are taking a Baltic cruise this May and will embark and disembark from Amsterdam. We would like to visit Munster for the Tank Museum there, I am thinking of taking the train from Amsterdam Central to Munster is this doable on the 1 day we are in Amsterdam?

Thanks,

Speedodeedo

Hi,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the tank museum to which I presume you are referring - Deutsches Panzermuseum Munster -is in a small town halfway between Hannover and Hamburg and very difficult to reach by train from Amsterdam. The travel time is over 6 hours and involves at least 2 changes. The cheapest fare is 78 euros pp each way.

The driving distance is approx. 445K.

When researching it is very easy to confuse Munster and Münster, the better known city which is within easy reach of Amsterdam. The umlaut (ü) is all important here.

Sorry if this spoils your plans :(.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

PS. General information.

When using a standard English keyboard, if the name of a German town has an umlaut (ü, ö, ä), it is important to use the form ue, oe, ae. Otherwise, if there is also a town spelled the same but without an umlaut you can get some very strange results, especially on railway timetables. :confused:

Hi,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the tank museum to which I presume you are referring - Deutsches Panzermuseum Munster -is in a small town halfway between Hannover and Hamburg and very difficult to reach by train from Amsterdam. The travel time is over 6 hours and involves at least 2 changes. The cheapest fare is 78 euros pp each way.

The driving distance is approx. 445K.

When researching it is very easy to confuse Munster and Münster, the better known city which is within easy reach of Amsterdam. The umlaut (ü) is all important here.

Sorry if this spoils your plans :(.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

PS. General information.

When using a standard English keyboard, if the name of a German town has an umlaut (ü, ö, ä), it is important to use the form ue, oe, ae. Otherwise, if there is also a town spelled the same but without an umlaut you can get some very strange results, especially on railway timetables. :confused:

Hello Anni,

Yes i realized this after posting on your thread. We are actually spending 3 days pre cruise in Berlin and have bought tickets from Berlin to Amsterdam the day before our embarkation. The Bahn db ticket is from Berlin to Amsterdam and its non refundable, im looking to change our route to pass through Munster and spend a few hours at the museum before continuing on to Amsterdam. Can this be done, or do i hv to get new tockets for this?

Another option is to use one day of our stay in Berlin to visit Munster but i would rather use our travel day to do this. Thanks for all your help.

Speedodeedo

Hello Anni,

Yes i realized this after posting on your thread. We are actually spending 3 days pre cruise in Berlin and have bought tickets from Berlin to Amsterdam the day before our embarkation. The Bahn db ticket is from Berlin to Amsterdam and its non refundable, im looking to change our route to pass through Munster and spend a few hours at the museum before continuing on to Amsterdam. Can this be done, or do i hv to get new tockets for this?

Another option is to use one day of our stay in Berlin to visit Munster but i would rather use our travel day to do this. Thanks for all your help.

Speedodeedo

Hi,

Without knowing exactly which ticket you have bought I cannot be sure of the answer to the first question. If it is a Europa-Spezial for nominated trains then it probably can be changed or refunded at a ticket office but within a time limit and at a cost.

The journey from Berlin to Amsterdam via Munster is very complicated. Total journey time is around 10 hours involving 4-6 changes! I would not want to try it with luggage.

From Berlin direct to Munster the journey time is around 3 hours with 2 changes. Trains depart Berlin every 2 hours.

The museum is about a 15min walk from the station and is closed Mondays.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Hi,

Without knowing exactly which ticket you have bought I cannot be sure of the answer to the first question. If it is a Europa-Spezial for nominated trains then it probably can be changed or refunded at a ticket office but within a time limit and at a cost.

The journey from Berlin to Amsterdam via Munster is very complicated. Total journey time is around 10 hours involving 4-6 changes! I would not want to try it with luggage.

From Berlin direct to Munster the journey time is around 3 hours with 2 changes. Trains depart Berlin every 2 hours.

The museum is about a 15min walk from the station and is closed Mondays.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Thank you so much for your input. The best choice will be a trip from Berlin on the days we are there.

Hi Anni,

First time poster but have followed reviews at cruisecritic for a while, read many of your helpful messages about touring NE Germany and visited your web site. Thanks a lot for all the useful info.

Our group of 2 couples will make a port call at Warnemünde on June 7th, Saturday. The ship will be docked at LP31 from 7:30 to 22:00. Based on the information from your web site and messages, our tentative plan is like below. It is the first time we visit this area so we would like to get some feedback and answer for some questions.

• To take S-Bahn train at 8:33 from Warnemünde to arrive at Rostock Hbf on platform 6 at 8:54.
  • To transfer to RE train on platform 7 at 9:07 to arrive at Schwerin Hbf at 10:03.
  • To walk along the lake, pedestrian street, the Schwerin Cathedral to arrive at the Tourist Info Center/Town Hall to take the daily guided walking tour from 11:00 to 12:30 for € 5.50 per person.
  • To spend some time after the walking tour in the palace ground, garden and have lunch at the Orangery Cafe/Restaurant.
  • To walk back toward Schwerin Hbf, probably with some shopping along the way, to catch the RE train at 15:53 and arrive at Rostock on platform 7 at 16:51.
  • To catch the S-Bahn train at 17:03 on platform 1 to arrive at Warnemünde at 17:24.
  • To take a stroll in Warnemünde near the ship (beach/shops?) either before or after having dinner back on the ship.

My questions:

• Does the above sound reasonable? We are in reasonably good health and physical condition.
  • Should any thing (must-see, must-do) be added, in Schwerin or Warnemünde?
  • Is the time allocated for Schwerin enough (roughly between 10am and 4pm), or should we catch a return train 2 hours later?
  • Anything you can recommend at the Orangery Cafe/Restaurant? We are interested to try German food/drink.
  • I got the impression before that the train station at Warnemünde is right next to the cruise ship terminal. Now that I learned that our ship will dock at LP31 instead, is the train station still easily reachable?
  • As I understand, since it is on a Saturday, the 4 of us can get Länder Ticket for € 34.00 which is good even for the s-bahn ride before 9:00. Is it easy to buy such ticket at the Warnemünde train station, or should I buy on-line before hand. I would hate to get into a situation where I have to read instructions on the ticket machine (hopefully with English instruction) with a queue formed behind me. Any special requirement for using credit card if we buy the ticket at the train station?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Anni,

First time poster but have followed reviews at cruisecritic for a while, read many of your helpful messages about touring NE Germany and visited your web site. Thanks a lot for all the useful info.

Our group of 2 couples will make a port call at Warnemünde on June 7th, Saturday. The ship will be docked at LP31 from 7:30 to 22:00. Based on the information from your web site and messages, our tentative plan is like below. It is the first time we visit this area so we would like to get some feedback and answer for some questions.

• To take S-Bahn train at 8:33 from Warnemünde to arrive at Rostock Hbf on platform 6 at 8:54.
  • To transfer to RE train on platform 7 at 9:07 to arrive at Schwerin Hbf at 10:03.
  • To walk along the lake, pedestrian street, the Schwerin Cathedral to arrive at the Tourist Info Center/Town Hall to take the daily guided walking tour from 11:00 to 12:30 for € 5.50 per person.
  • To spend some time after the walking tour in the palace ground, garden and have lunch at the Orangery Cafe/Restaurant.
  • To walk back toward Schwerin Hbf, probably with some shopping along the way, to catch the RE train at 15:53 and arrive at Rostock on platform 7 at 16:51.
  • To catch the S-Bahn train at 17:03 on platform 1 to arrive at Warnemünde at 17:24.
  • To take a stroll in Warnemünde near the ship (beach/shops?) either before or after having dinner back on the ship.

My questions:

• Does the above sound reasonable? We are in reasonably good health and physical condition.
  • Should any thing (must-see, must-do) be added, in Schwerin or Warnemünde?
  • Is the time allocated for Schwerin enough (roughly between 10am and 4pm), or should we catch a return train 2 hours later?
  • Anything you can recommend at the Orangery Cafe/Restaurant? We are interested to try German food/drink.
  • I got the impression before that the train station at Warnemünde is right next to the cruise ship terminal. Now that I learned that our ship will dock at LP31 instead, is the train station still easily reachable?
  • As I understand, since it is on a Saturday, the 4 of us can get Länder Ticket for € 34.00 which is good even for the s-bahn ride before 9:00. Is it easy to buy such ticket at the Warnemünde train station, or should I buy on-line before hand. I would hate to get into a situation where I have to read instructions on the ticket machine (hopefully with English instruction) with a queue formed behind me. Any special requirement for using credit card if we buy the ticket at the train station?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, thank you for your appreciation.

Oh how I hate to pour cold water on what would have been a perfect plan except for two things.

Berth LP31 is not at the Warnemünde Cruise Terminal but in the Seehafen, the Commercial Port of Rostock, further up the river on the opposite side, and your port day is Saturday..

Unfortunately there is no longer a train service from the Seehafen to Rostock and the bus service to the nearest train station is poor on weekends.

This leaves you with two alternatives to get to Rostock Hbf for the 9:07 train.

1.Some cruise ships run a shuttle to the nearest station, Lütten Klein, where you can pick up your planned train to Rostock or a bus to Rostock City, dropping passengers for the Schwerin train at the Hbf. It would be worth enquiring if your ship does this.

2.Take a taxi to Rostock Hbf. With four people sharing it should work out quite reasonable. There are always taxis waiting at the berth or at the ferry terminal a few minutes walk away.

Of the two I would personally opt for the taxi so as to be in control of the time of arrival at the station. I have been told that the buses wait to fill so timing is flexible. Also, some ships charge for the shuttle and for four people a taxi is actually cheaper!

The rest of your planned day is perfect, until you get back to Rostock Hbf! I think the time allotted for Schwerin is enough but of course if you visit Warnemünde in the evening you have to get back to the Seehafen. Once again the options are a shuttle bus if there is one, or a taxi, or the s-bahn to Lütten Klein and a #45 bus at 21mins past the hour (last departure 19:21) to the Seehafen.

If you opt to stay longer in Schwerin and go straight back to the ship simply take the s-bahn from Rostock Hbf towards Warnemünde, get off in Lütten Klein and take the #45 bus as above or take a taxi from the Hbf.

I can't give you any specific suggestions for the Orangery Cafe but they have an extensive menu so I'm sure you will find something to suit. You can always ask the waiter to suggest a local dish, most of them speak English.

You are quite correct about the Länder-Tickets. I would advise to buy in advance on-line, see my web site for how-to details. I have the same fear as you re holding up the queue but even worse you could miss the train. Credit cards can be a bit difficult too, in most machines you require both chip and pin.

I hope that this has not put you off. The plan is still very doable, just the start and finish of the day are a bit fiddly. Cruise ships do not very often need to use LP31, only when there are three large ships on the same day. NCL should have made it clear that the berth was not in Warnemünde so that passengers can plan accordingly, they have known for at least 6 months. But then they still persist in advertising this port as 'Berlin' and seem to be interested, like most other lines, only in passengers who take their own shore excursions.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni
Forgot smiley

Hi Anni,

[*]To walk along the lake, pedestrian street, the Schwerin Cathedral to arrive at the Tourist Info Center/Town Hall to take the daily guided walking tour from 11:00 to 12:30 for € 5.50 per person.

Thanks in advance.

Jolly, unless something has changed, the walking tour is in German. Sprechen ze Deutsch?

If in English we would be interested.Have you heard it is in English?

Jolly, unless something has changed, the walking tour is in German. Sprechen ze Deutsch?

If in English we would be interested.Have you heard it is in English?

Nein, ich spreche kein Deutsch.

Since the tourist center there built a real nice web page in English to describe the walking tour, I kind assumed that the tour would be in English, which might be a bad assumption. I just sent an email to them and asked about this. If I hear anything positive, I will post it here.

Thanks for pointing it out. If it is in German only, then we won't be trying to make it. We may just be more relaxed to catch a later RE train going over and coming back.

Oh how I hate to pour cold water on what would have been a perfect plan...

I hope that this has not put you off...

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Hi Anni,

No, it doesn't put me off in anyway. Instead, I am really glad that I asked and got a detailed answer to plan around it.

If the Schwerin walking tour is conducted in German as DenL suggested, we won't try to make it. That means we will have more flexibility in riding the RE train. I am pretty confident that the scenery, architecture and art will be well appreciated even without the guided tour.

Please try not to use the "to pour cold water" metaphor often. ;) What worries me most is if Mother Nature pours cold water over us during our cruise trip. I am hoping for blue sky and cotton ball cloud everyday and everywhere so that I can get some good pictures - for the memory. :)

Thanks again.

Anni, We are trying to figure out our train trip from Berlin HBF to Warnemunde on July 9th and return on July 20th. From what I can see we will want to take the RE from Berlin to Rostock and the S-Bahn from Rostock to Warnemunde. Can all of these tickets be purchased together at the same website or should we purchase them when we arrive at the station. Also, are there any discounted tickets that we might use for these dates? Any help you can provide will be appreciated as we are finding this to be very confusing. Thanks.

Anni, We are trying to figure out our train trip from Berlin HBF to Warnemunde on July 9th and return on July 20th. From what I can see we will want to take the RE from Berlin to Rostock and the S-Bahn from Rostock to Warnemunde. Can all of these tickets be purchased together at the same website or should we purchase them when we arrive at the station. Also, are there any discounted tickets that we might use for these dates? Any help you can provide will be appreciated as we are finding this to be very confusing. Thanks.

Hi, only one ticket is required for the whole return journey although you change trains in Rostock.

A new ticket, the Ostsee Ticket is on offer this summer. Specifically for travel from a major city to the Baltic Coast, as long as the outward and return journeys are booked at the same time. It is fully flexible and can be exchanged or refunded. Excellent value at 88 euro for two travellers as the standard fare is 80.80 euro each.

The Ostsee ticket can be purchased on-line or at the station.

For your dates it will be available on-line after 20th April at http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2.exe/en

Just fill in the details as follows:-

Start; Berlin Hbf

Destination; Warnemünde

Date and time; earliest time at which you wish to depart on each day.

Travellers; 2

Hit search. Choose a train with only 1 change and hit 'return journey'.

Purchase any 88 euro ticket. Although the ticket will show times it is flexible and you can use it on any train on this route. (DB conditions quote - Fully flexible (not bound to a specific train / not dependent on the connection indicated on the selected route).

Hope this clears the confusion.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs com

Hi Anni

My husband and I are on the Royal Princess Baltic cruise departing from Warnemunde on Sunday, July 20/14. We are staying in Berlin pre and post cruise. I have asked our travel agent to look into trains to and from the port. She suggested taking a cab from Rostock to the port-but your advice on other posts has been to take the train from Rostock to Warnemunde-what are your thoughts? Also, since we are travelling on a Sunday, should we reserve our seats on the trip from Berlin? Finally, is there any price reduction for buying our train tickets for both pre and post cruise travel well in advance? Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I have received some new information regarding train tickets to/from Warnemünde. Please see my previous post (#65)

Anni

Oops, my use of language may have added to the confusion :confused:

Description of the Ostee Ticket should read:-

Specifically for travel from a major city to the Baltic Coast, as long as the outward and return journeys are purchased at the same time.

Seats cannot be booked on an RE

Sorry about that :o

Anni

Anni, thank you so much. This is exactly what we needed. We appreciate your being so specific about each detail as it really provides us with a feeling of confidence that we are handling things correctly. You provide a valuable service here on Cruise Critic.

One more question, is the transfer at Rostock an easy one with luggage? We will not be loaded down with bags but will be carrying one suitcase each and probably one carryon.

NCL should have made it clear that the berth was not in Warnemünde so that passengers can plan accordingly, they have known for at least 6 months. But then they still persist in advertising this port as 'Berlin' and seem to be interested, like most other lines, only in passengers who take their own shore excursions.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Anni,

Just want to set the record straight for NCL and ask a couple more questions:

I reviewed the email I received right after booking and the NCL web site about the very cruise that I will be on. NCL didn't mention Warnemünde in either case, but stated the port of call will be "Berlin(Rostock)". Most of their other cruises this summer do dock at Warnemünde and their web site also correctly reflected that.

OTOH, after reviewing many cruise itineraries, I mistakenly assumed that Rostock/Warnemünde had only one place for cruise ships to dock and it was right next to an S-Bahn station (and beach, and shops, ...). For other ports such as Copenhagen, Helsinki, and Stockholm, I know there are multiple cruise terminals so I paid more attention. The website of the Rostock port provided in your earlier post and your reply to my earlier questions helped to straighten me out.

Now more questions:

1. Since we won't try to make the 11 am guided tour conducted in German at Schwerin, we will most likely take it easy and catch the 11:07 RE train at Rostock to Schwerin, and the 17:53 train back. When we are at the Rostock Hbf, if we don't have enough time to go to CBD, yet too much to just sit around, is there anything interesting to see around the Hbf?

2. In case we can take advantage of Bus #45 to/from Lütten Klein, can we get tickets on the bus? With credit card?

Thanks again for all the helpful info. I sincerely think the tourism office of the state of Mecklenburg ought to give you an award for being so helpful to tourists. :)

Anni, thank you so much. This is exactly what we needed. We appreciate your being so specific about each detail as it really provides us with a feeling of confidence that we are handling things correctly. You provide a valuable service here on Cruise Critic.

One more question, is the transfer at Rostock an easy one with luggage? We will not be loaded down with bags but will be carrying one suitcase each and probably one carryon.[/quote

Thank you for your appreciation.

The transfer at Rostock station is very easy. All platforms have elevators.

Take the elevator down to the main concourse, level -1.

The indicator boards showing the times of the next few trains and the departure platforms are on the walls half-way along on either side.

Take the appropriate elevator, they are clearly numbered, to the platform, level 0.

Check with the overhead indicator board on the platform.

The walk between Warnemünde station and berth P8 is only about 500m but does involve steps and a subway. There are always taxis waiting, to the left of the platforms just before the bridge, if required.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

One more question, is the transfer at Rostock an easy one with luggage? We will not be loaded down with bags but will be carrying one suitcase each and probably one carryon.[/quote

Thank you for your appreciation.

The transfer at Rostock station is very easy. All platforms have elevators.

Take the elevator down to the main concourse, level -1.

The indicator boards showing the times of the next few trains and the departure platforms are on the walls half-way along on either side.

Take the appropriate elevator, they are clearly numbered, to the platform, level 0.

Check with the overhead indicator board on the platform.

The walk between Warnemünde station and berth P8 is only about 500m but does involve steps and a subway. There are always taxis waiting, to the left of the platforms just before the bridge, if required.

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Again, many thanks to you. Your help is much appreciated.

Hello Anni

We dock in Warnemunde on the 17.6.2014 0900- 2200 and I would like to visit Schwerin Castle - then visit Rostock on the way back and then finally visit Warnemunde - where we will be nearer to the boat for our sailing at 2200 hours.

Could you let me know the trains I need for this journey and what best to see and do on the day. We are reasonable walkers.

many thanks

Barbara

Her Indoors

Hello Anni

We dock in Warnemunde on the 17.6.2014 0900- 2200 and I would like to visit Schwerin Castle - then visit Rostock on the way back and then finally visit Warnemunde - where we will be nearer to the boat for our sailing at 2200 hours.

Could you let me know the trains I need for this journey and what best to see and do on the day. We are reasonable walkers.

many thanks

Barbara

Her Indoors

Hi Barbara, just love your 'monika' Takes a fellow Minder fan to get the reference.

Unfortunately, due to your late docking time the first train you could catch to Schwerin would be the 11:07 from Rostock arriving Schwerin at 12:03. You need at least 3-4 hours in Schwerin.

There is information on how to get to the Castle on my web site. The walk takes you past all the main places of interest. The tour of the inside of the Castle is well worth the time.

Trains depart Schwerin 15:53-arr. Rostock 16:51 and 17:02-arr. 18:01. The tram journey from Rostock Hbf into the city takes about 10mins.

NB. The Mecklenburg Lander ticket is not valid on the trams. Tram tickets are available from machines on the platform or on the tram. The touch screen has an English option. 2 hours should suffice in Rostock as the museums etc close at 18:00 although most shops are open until 20:00. From 17:00 onwards trains to Warnemünde depart every 15 mins from the Hbf.

Assuming you are off the ship by 9:30 you could spend about 45 mins looking around Warnemünde before catching the s-bahn for Rostock at 10:33, just in case you run out of time in the evening

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

:) Hi Anni

Thank you for the fantastic service you provide to all those on Cruise Critic. I really enjoyed reading your previous thread (all 41 pages) and the information provided on your website has been invaluable for planning our transport and day’s sightseeing.

We will be aboard Cunard Line’s, Queen Victoria which is scheduled to dock at the Port of Rostock, Warnemünde Cruise Terminal, berth P7 on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm.

As we will have a shortened stay in port we don’t want to be too adventurous and miss our scheduled departure. We are planning on taking the train from Warnemünde to Rostock Hauptbahnhof and transferring onto the #5 or #6 tram. Is it better to exit the tram at Kröpeliner Tor or Neuer Markt, to commence our own walking tour of the medieval township? Is the Historical Society still located in Kröpeliner Tor and open between 10 am and 6.00 pm every day when there are cruise ships in port? If so, we thought we might pop in and say hello to your former colleagues.

In the early afternoon, we intend taking the tram to Marienhe, for a different return route and transferring to the train back to Warnemünde where we will explore the former seaside fishing village, climb the lighthouse steps and possibly later, take the ferry to Höhe Dune for a stroll (it won’t be an evening sunset stroll for us) and photos of the ship.

I had investigated travelling to Bad Doberan but with our short stay in port, we would probably be unable to visit Rostock and Warnemünde as well. Is this correct? Should we consider Stralsund as an alternative and forgo Rostock/Warnemünde? Incidentally, what is the current price of a Länder ticket for 2?

Anni, I would appreciate your thoughts and any suggestions. Many thanks

Oh Anni … I’ve just read my post and realized that I omitted the word ‘work’.

The sentence should read, ‘If so, we thought we might pop in and say hello to your former work colleagues’.

I do sincerely apologise.