Transfer RCCL Reservation from one TA to Another...

Hey all,

I am looking to move my reservation from one Travel Agency to another. I booked the cruise in September, but have not paid in full since it is not until this upcoming July.

I am looking to switch TA's as it's actually my honeymoon and my best man just became a travel agent. Want to give him the business and he wants to help us with setting up the trip!

Thank you

Hey all,

I am looking to move my reservation from one Travel Agency to another. I booked the cruise in September, but have not paid in full since it is not until this upcoming July.

I am looking to switch TA's as it's actually my honeymoon and my best man just became a travel agent. Want to give him the business and he wants to help us with setting up the trip!

Thank you

It's possible to switch TA's, but in general, the TA that currently holds the booking must agree to the transfer. I've read that Royal will take a booking away from a TA under adverse circumstances (TA goes out of business, or is unresponsive, etc.), but I don't think they will take a booking away if you just change your mind.

My first concern is if there is a cancellation fee with the first TA. Many of them charge.

Also, I am not 100% sure about this one, but I have changed a reservation from Royal Caribbean direct to a TA, and there was a form I had to fill out and sign - I'm not sure if the original TA has to be involved in making up or signing the form(ie, agreeing to the switch)?

Edited by Toddcan

It's great that you want to support your friend, but why would you take payment away from someone who already did the work. Was there service really of no value to you?

For you to change travel agents your original agent would have to sign off on the change. They may or may not do this and they have no obligation. They may charge a fee to do so even if this fee was not originally disclosed. You could maybe cancel (they may have a fee for this too but it should have been disclosed to you) and you could rebook with your friend but there is a good chance prices may have changed.

If you really want to support your new friend you could book another cruise when you are onboard. Make sure that you have them NOT credit the booking to your current agent and then transfer this booking to your friend.

You mention your friend wanting to help you set up this trip. They can still help you with excursions and even your pre/post cruise packages if you plan on one.

Edited by CitygirlSF

If you really want to support your new friend you could book another cruise when you are onboard. Make sure that you have them NOT credit the booking to your current agent and then transfer this booking to your friend.

We tried that once and they insisted that if we booked onboard, then the TA of the cruise we were currently on would automatically be the listed TA for the new cruise, and that there was no way around that.

We tried that once and they insisted that if we booked onboard, then the TA of the cruise we were currently on would automatically be the listed TA for the new cruise, and that there was no way around that.

They misinformed you, which is unfortunate. You have 3 choices when you book on board: same TA as the cruise you are on, different TA, or no TA.

• 7 months later...

Clarea is absolutely correct. When booking on board you ALWAYS have the option to keep your current TA, switch to a new one, or book directly with Celebrity. There is even a place on the form you receive in your stateroom to indicate your preference. It's unfortunate that you were misled.

Edited by gimletgal

They misinformed you, which is unfortunate. You have 3 choices when you book on board: same TA as the cruise you are on, different TA, or no TA.

Absolutely true, as already mentioned. The Loyalty Ambassador may automatically assign your current travel agent to your newly booked cruise....but you have every right to change that. They did, and I did....change to no travel agent, that is!!

I do notice that on the policy of the Next Cruise Certificates, it does say that any cruises booked with the NCC, will be assigned to a travel agent. Again, wrong. Have booked directly with the cruise line using an NCC. :D