? about staying at Hyatt MCO and utilizing Disney transportation

MommytoCaitlyn

We are flying in the day before our cruise, staying in the MCO airport Hyatt. The next morning, I think Hyatt will transport our luggage from our room straight to the ship without me touching it, correct? We can take the Disney transportation shuttle to the ship, it's $70 per person round trip. What time is the earliest shuttle leaving for the ship, or do we have to go based on our PAT? I'm one of those people that would rather sit in the cruise terminal for two+ hours just to avoid the panic of thinking the shuttle will break down or something else will happen.

Also, if we arrive at MCO around 1pm, what is there to do besides hang out at the pool?

When you arrive at MCO, go to baggage claim and get your luggage. Take it with you to the Hyatt MCO. If you prefer to skip this step, the bellman from the Hyatt will claim your bags and bring them to your room for a $10 charge.

Check in at the Hyatt and tell them you are cruising in the morning. They will make a note of your room on their luggage pick up list (I'm compulsive; I watch them write us on the list.) In the morning you will leave your bags in the room and proceed to the "Welcome Center" to catch the DCL bus. You will next see your bags on the ship. We were given a form to give to the Welcome Center desk so that they would confirm that the bags were loaded on the truck. This policy was started after someone's bag was missed (so the Hyatt confirms it was picked up and DCL confirms that they got it.) The desk supposedly opens at 8:30 which translates into about 8:15. The first bus departure is about 9:30 and will arrive at the terminal shortly before 10:30. If you are on that first bus, you are allowed into the terminal before it opens to people who arrived by other means. Officially the terminal doesn't open till 10:30. You'll be able to check in for your cruise when you arrive, but as noted, your boarding number is still tied to your PAT.

As to what to do....the pool. If you have a room facing the airport, you'll be able to pick up their free internet. There was a charge for the Hyatt's internet, but we were on a business rate that included it. There are plenty of places to eat in the airport which are much more cost effective than eating at the overpriced Hyatt. In the morning you can check in at the Welcome Center and then go to the food court...just be back by about 9:15.

There really isn't much to do at the Hyatt beyond sleeping and eating and swimming....and the cab ride to anywhere isn't worth it!

We stayed at the Hyatt in August and everything worked perfectly. When they tell you at the Hotel to have your luggage ready at a certain time, they are serious. We took the first bus out and arrived at the terminal early allowing us to at least get a seat. Your arrival time had nothing to do with boarding time, however. Our assigned boarding time remained as our actual boarding time but it was good to arrive early to get a seat.