Cruise Airport Transfer with no flight?

lawgirl

We have a cruise out of Harwich, which is quite far from Heathrow, and we want to use cruise transfer. Given luggage, it is just easier. So, our flight coming in is fine...we arrive very early am same day of cruise. But after cruise we are staying in London 3 days.

Royal says we need a flight the same day cruise ends in order to use their cruise transfers. We are fine with just being dropped off at airport then taking tube to hotel. Do I just "tell" Royal I am on a flight even though I am not? Thanks!

We have a cruise out of Harwich, which is quite far from Heathrow, and we want to use cruise transfer. Given luggage, it is just easier. So, our flight coming in is fine...we arrive very early am same day of cruise. But after cruise we are staying in London 3 days.

Royal says we need a flight the same day cruise ends in order to use their cruise transfers. We are fine with just being dropped off at airport then taking tube to hotel. Do I just "tell" Royal I am on a flight even though I am not? Thanks!

Hi

I can't specifically answer your question but as you are staying in London, have you considered just taking a train from Harwich to London? You are happy to use the tube from Heathrow but getting the train will save you a lot of time.

Just an idea.

Jo :)

Yes,tell them a flight #.

We have booked transfers from Galveston to Houston when we had no flight booked. We were doing a TA to Galveston and were able to get a much cheaper airfare flying to Barcelona from Houston than from San Antonio so we booked a hotel near the airport that allowed us to leave our car there and drove to Houston. Then we took the transfer from Galveston to the airport, called the hotel, they picked us up and took us to our car.

Since you pay for the transfer I don't see why they would care if you were flying or not. I know we didn't have to give a flight number or time but I agree - just give them one!

It really depends on where your hotel in London is. The train from Harwich to London is very easy, the train station at Harwich is right next to the ship. ( walking distance even with bags ) in fact the transfer buses are in the car park next to the train.

So depending on which tube your hotel is near, you might find that a main line train from Harwich will link up to the tube line you need for the hotel, and this could be less line changes than trying to come in from Heathrow.