Weather concerns

Minoushka

This is a really bad horrible solution but it is only 1600 miles from Montreal to Fort Lauderale. If you left now, that is only about 500 miles per day. Or else, drive south somewhere to where you can get a flight.

As I said, a horrible solution but it would work.

You would think that leaving Monday for a Wednesday cruise would be OK, even in the winter.

DON

Yea, I thought of that this morning along with all the other ideas. PROBLEM is that I had oral surgery 6 weeks ago and have been on a liquid diet since then. Monday morning I get put back together (just in time for the cruise). So this is an appointment I can't miss.

Considering this, the only alternative seemed to be booking another flight. this done, we are now feeling just a little bit better. Weather here in Ottawa is pretty good and the same flight we are taking tomorrow is departed on time today. So, fingers crossed.

Leaving from Montreal to Fort lauderdlalr tomorrow ...we hope ...please no freezing rain no snoe ...I wanna go on my cruise ...wail ...boohooo

If we miss our trip im not sure if the airline could accomodate us on a later flight ...oy ...double oy

Leaving from Montreal to Fort lauderdlalr tomorrow ...we hope ...please no freezing rain no snoe ...I wanna go on my cruise ...wail ...boohooo

If we miss our trip im not sure if the airline could accomodate us on a later flight ...oy ...double oy

Good luck and hope all goes well and you get to Ft. Lauderdale safely. We are leaving in 2 weeks......got our fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

Optimistically ... That's the foundation word of all Canadians. Thanks for your posts everyone.

NOW ... They are free to detain us for as long as they want on our return flight. Being stranded in Florida is just fine with me.

You know, I say the same thing every time I'm there and still no luck. . . . In fact, I think every flight I've ever had out of the Sunshine State has left bang on time. Sigh.

Our plane has landed ...waitingto board ....hope we leave on time ..it is an ice skating rink out there ..to plummet into freezing cold ....yikes

Hopefully it will be warmer in Fort Lauderdale....Lord this was not an easy trip to get to

Who needs this messy hodge podge of weather mess !!

Good luck to all travelers may you all reach yousr ships safe and sound

Our plane has landed ...waitingto board ....hope we leave on time ..it is an ice skating rink out there ..to plummet into freezing cold ....yikes

Hopefully it will be warmer in Fort Lauderdale....Lord this was not an easy trip to get to

Who needs this messy hodge podge of weather mess !!

Good luck to all travelers may you all reach yousr ships safe and sound

Way To Go .... Our flight leaves in 4 hours and conditions here in Ottawa are about what you described for Montreal. See you on the ship, safe flight!

Edited by wilfros

Safe travels to those that are leaving today...The Chicago weather report was correct we set a new low temp for today -16 F. but no snow,... over 400 flights have been cancelled at OHare due to icing problems..so happy you were able to get new reservations

Enjoy your cruise...it has to be warmer than her

Arlene

For those that are connecting through ATL I just wanted to let you know that operations were normal with flight delays of 15min or less.

The winter storm that was predicted for this area did not materialize and although bitterly cold, conditions are clear.

Bon voyage!

Mike:)

Way To Go .... Our flight leaves in 4 hours and conditions here in Ottawa are about what you described for Montreal. See you on the ship, safe flight!

If you can, would you let us know when you arrive in FL? My fingers are crossed that all can arrive safely and enjoy their cruise.

We flew out of Cleveland to FLL this morning. From what I could see on the United monitors very few flights were going out. We're so glad we decided to fly in two days early for our Emerald cruise on Wednesday. Until we were actually in the air I kept waiting for the announcement that the flight would be cancelled.

I wonder how many people missed cruises sailing today.

Please post when you arrive in FLA. Hopefully you can fly out and make your cruise.:)

We now make sure if we can't get a direct flight out of either Toronto or Buffalo that our connection is in Atlanta. Now retired, we have more time and travel two or even three days pre-cruise. Winter travelling can be very stressful.

Enjoy your cruise and the warm weather.

It seems to be six of one and half a dozen of another. If you cruise in the winter you might have to deal with your air travel getting to your cruise port. If you cruise in the summer/fall you might have to deal with the hurricane season and you ship missing ports. If you go in the spring you might have to deal with the Spring break and all the unruly young people. The odds are against us but somehow we all seem to make it happen.