Ultimate dining package -breakaway

all4gizmo

I Will be on the breakaway on January 19th and have reserved 3 speciality restaurant (Italian, French and Japanese) for 60$. So if you were to try all of them you would probably be best to buy the pkg.

Wow, that's significantly more than the price of $119 per person mentioned in the original thread on this topic. You probably should have posted this there.

If you ate every single night at the highest fee restaurant at $30 per night, you would save a big $11. If you change it up with $15 and $20 cover charges, or you hit the buffet or O'Sheehans a night or two, you are going to be leaving significant money on the table.

I'll file this away with info on the UBP, which is of no use to me either.

Wow, that's significantly more than the price of $119 per person mentioned in the original thread on this topic. You probably should have posted this there.

If you ate every single night at the highest fee restaurant at $30 per night, you would save a big $11. If you change it up with $15 and $20 cover charges, or you hit the buffet or O'Sheehans a night or two, you are going to be leaving significant money on the table.

The price difference is a result of it being a 12 day cruise. The price you reference is for 7 days.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Not if the $199.00 deal is for the upcoming 12 night cruises to the Carribean. Assuming Ocean Blue is excluded if you mulitiply 12 X $25.00 = $300.00 you would save $101.00

Interesting. I wish they had published more of the "details" in the daily. This leaves me with the following questions:

1. Are all restaurants included? What about the a la carte restaurants like the sushi place or the noodle bar?

2. Aren't some of the specialty restaurants open for lunch? Would the package be good for lunch as well as dinner?

3. The phrasing is interesting: "enjoy a different restaurant every night." By saying a "different restaurant", does that mean you are limited to only trying each specialty restaurant once?

4. $199 per person, presumably for adults. What is the child pricing?

5. Are package purchasers guaranteed restaurant availability? If it is a full sailing, some of the restaurants may be difficult to book. I would hate to pay my $199 and not be able to get into my restaurants of choice at the times that are convenient for me.

The devil is in the details, so I'll be curious to hear the exact workings of the package.

1. Are all restaurants included? No. What about the a la carte restaurants like the sushi place or the noodle bar? No.

2. Aren't some of the specialty restaurants open for lunch? No. They may use the space to hold an event, but that doesn't mean that the restaurant is open. For example, they hold the Jazz Brunch in Le Bistro. However, it is just the Jazz Brunch, it is not Le Bistro being open for brunch. Would the package be good for lunch as well as dinner? Moot.

3. The phrasing is interesting: "enjoy a different restaurant every night." By saying a "different restaurant", does that mean you are limited to only trying each specialty restaurant once? Don't worry so much on the phrasing. They can explain before you purchase.

4. $199 per person, presumably for adults. What is the child pricing? That would depend on the age of the child, what menu the child was going to use, and whether or not the child was purchasing the package.

5. Are package purchasers guaranteed restaurant availability? You are guaranteed ONE reservation. Your reservation is guaranteed. If it is a full sailing, some of the restaurants may be difficult to book. I would hate to pay my $199 and not be able to get into my restaurants of choice at the times that are convenient for me. As with any limited resource, the sooner you make your selections and reservations, the more numerous your available options.

I Will be on the breakaway on January 19th and have reserved 3 speciality restaurant (Italian, French and Japanese) for 60$. So if you were to try all of them you would probably be best to buy the pkg.

Hi Genny613,

I'm also on the January 19 Breakaway sailing that's leaving in 2 weeks. If and when you get a chance stop by the Jan. 19, 2014 Roll Call to say hello.:)

Barbara Jean

Edited by Starrgazer50

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting. I wish they had published more of the "details" in the daily. This leaves me with the following questions:

1. Are all restaurants included? What about the a la carte restaurants like the sushi place or the noodle bar?

2. Aren't some of the specialty restaurants open for lunch? Would the package be good for lunch as well as dinner?

3. The phrasing is interesting: "enjoy a different restaurant every night." By saying a "different restaurant", does that mean you are limited to only trying each specialty restaurant once?

4. $199 per person, presumably for adults. What is the child pricing?

5. Are package purchasers guaranteed restaurant availability? If it is a full sailing, some of the restaurants may be difficult to book. I would hate to pay my $199 and not be able to get into my restaurants of choice at the times that are convenient for me.

The devil is in the details, so I'll be curious to hear the exact workings of the package.

We pre-booked the Ulitimate Dining Package for an upcoming 7 day sailing ont he Jewel. I was able to then make the reservations online for each night of the cruise. The process requires that you go through the "shopping cart" but since I had purchased the UDP, the total amount due for each reservation was "0". I booked Cagney's several times so I am assuming you could dine at any of them multiple nights.

Happy Cruising.

Karen