Intercontinental Miami

NayRN

Just wanted to get the word out.....

I just booked the Intercontinental Miami (2 double beds/water view) for $139 a night....August 2014!! I was reading reviews on Tr**Adv**or (;)) and it showed the best price! Booked it for 2 nights pre-cruise! Can't beat that deal!!:eek:

Just wanted to get the word out.....

I just booked the Intercontinental Miami (2 double beds/water view) for $139 a night....August 2014!! I was reading reviews on Tr**Adv**or (;)) and it showed the best price! Booked it for 2 nights pre-cruise! Can't beat that deal!!:eek:

Start watching the price again around the middle of June. It should drop at least another $20-$30 a night. Still a good deal for a great hotel!

For sure you can get it less than that in August. Hope you can cancel and rebook. It's a nice property and in August shows up on the discount sites for around $110...if not lower. There are great deals in S.Fl. then and you might want to look at Maimi Beach/S Beach for a two night stay. More to see and experience.

Edited by eandj

Thanks for the heads-up! I will continue to watch the prices......but I am really happy with the price I got! HI-POM is where I originally booked and....WOW.....that was more that the IC!:eek: I didn't realize that the prices would go down in August....is it due to the heat?

Aug is not peak season. Cruise numbers go down then as well as the snowbirds and tourists are back home enjoying their home summer weather. Unless a convention or show of some kind is in the mix, rates at hotels can drop 50 % from winter months. I'd watch hotwire or lastminutetravel as the IC shows up there on off peak dates.

Another good option would be priceline bidding if you don't mind getting another 4 star in the area. OR you could probably find it on the value deals there too for a little more. Good luck.

What dates are you looking at?

Edited by eandj

Thanks for the heads-up! I will continue to watch the prices......but I am really happy with the price I got! HI-POM is where I originally booked and....WOW.....that was more that the IC!:eek: I didn't realize that the prices would go down in August....is it due to the heat?

It isn't due to the heat, plenty of places in the US are hotter and more humid but the fact that August is off season for us. People don't really travel the last two to three weeks of August. Everyone is trying to get their kids back to school.

It isn't due to the heat, plenty of places in the US are hotter and more humid but the fact that August is off season for us. People don't really travel the last two to three weeks of August. Everyone is trying to get their kids back to school.

Makes sense about the school kids! I think I just have heat on my brain due to the current temperature of -8 degree F and 13 inches of snow! :eek:

Thanks everyone!! I will keep checking back to see if it goes down at all. I'm just excited that I booked it thru a link that went directly to their sight....and I didn't have to bid or prepay!

Now, my next question for all of you lucky enough to not be surrounded by -4 degree weather....❄️❄️❄️❄️

I booked the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell for one night post cruise for $229/night.....$258.77 with taxes. I like that they have the breakfast included and the ability to check out late (up until 4 pm) without a charge. Do you think this price will go down? I booked for the night of 8/22/14.... I've read great reviews about this hotel but I'm wondering if I should just book the last night at the IC for such a good price! I don't think breakfast is worth the extra money!!:eek:

Thanks for your valuable input! 😇

I think your prices quoted are high for August. And I wouldn't book anything that you can't cancel this early in the year.

I never book anything I can't cancel!! Did that once and learned a very expensive lesson!:eek:

We need a room for May 31st. The lowest I have found so far is $199. Will it go lower than that or maybe try the Holiday Inn?

That's a weekend date attached to Memorial Day. :confused: I'd just book something refundable/cancellable if you are in a hurry. Then take a breath and keep your eyes open.

U.S. Memorial day is Monday May 26th on my calender :confused:

And many take that weekend and short work week and following weekend to make for a great 9 day vacation. Bonus.... They are only using 4 days of work vacation time. Very popular to do in the states. ;)

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store near the Intercontinental Miami? Thanks.

Peggy

You can shop for basic wine, soda, water at the CVS right down the block from your hotel on Biscayne Blvd. If you want a real liquor store there is one near by on 2nd and Flagler. Maybe a 4 block walk.

Easy to google map the stores nearby.

Edited by eandj

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks everyone!! I will keep checking back to see if it goes down at all. I'm just excited that I booked it thru a link that went directly to their sight....and I didn't have to bid or prepay!

Now, my next question for all of you lucky enough to not be surrounded by -4 degree weather....❄️❄️❄️❄️

I booked the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell for one night post cruise for $229/night.....$258.77 with taxes. I like that they have the breakfast included and the ability to check out late (up until 4 pm) without a charge. Do you think this price will go down? I booked for the night of 8/22/14.... I've read great reviews about this hotel but I'm wondering if I should just book the last night at the IC for such a good price! I don't think breakfast is worth the extra money!!:eek:

Thanks for your valuable input! 😇

The Intercontinental is $108 for the night of 8/17 on http://www.lastminutetravel.com.

Also I think that is a high price to pay for the Hampton Inn.