Concierge room. Is it worth it?

gwb2004

You can upgrade if booked CL. You can move the date if you are outside the PIF date(90 or 120 days ?) w/o penalty/fee. You will just never see your deposit again. You can apply it to another sailing in any cat, or downgrade a CL ressie to non CL prior to the PIF date.

Hope that makes sense.

So just saying I wanted to change to a 7day I could. And they would just move the money I already payed to that one then.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes. As long as it is done prior to PIF date.

Thanks. and I assume that it would have to be cl also when I change if I do. Think I might just try to get a one bedroom

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The kids and wife will always want cl after this lol. Time will tell thought. Do they allow u to upgrade once booked in cl. Is is it that u can't chancel once your booked

Deposits in concierge level cabins are non refundable, however you can move them to a different date.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

No. You can apply that CL nonrefundable deposit to another cruise in any category you wish as long as you make the switch prior to the PIF date.

I'm trying to find what the PIF date is for CL. lol

Most pay at 119 days out so they can log in and book ressies and such at 120 prior. You need to be paid in full first.

But the other wrinkle is Platinum cruisers (those that have sailed 10 times prior) can also begin booking ressies at 120 days, so DCL is now taking request via phone /email at 150 days out from those who are CL prepaid, eliminating the competition between CL folk and their most frequent sailors, to their disgust of course.

So depending on what reservation you may want, you may want to be PIF at 148 days. I feel this is only needed for a CC cabana though.

Paid in Full dates (PIF) You would think this would be easier to find on DCL's site. lol

from; https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/booking-reservations/apply-payment/

Your full and final payment depends on the length of your cruise, the embark and debark port, and if you are staying in a suite/concierge stateroom or a non-suite/non-concierge stateroom:

For cruises less than 10 days where the Embark or Debark is a U.S. Port, payment for Suites/Concierge staterooms must be made 90 days or more prior to departure and for Non-Suite/Non-Concierge staterooms payment must be made 75 days or more prior to departure.

For cruises of 10 days or more and cruises less than 10 days where the Embark or Debark is a non-U.S. Port, payment for Suites/Concierge staterooms must be made 150 days or more prior to departure and for Non-Suite/Non-Concierge staterooms payment must be made 120 days or more prior to departure.

Please note that making advance arrangements—such as booking port adventures, making Palo reservations or registering for children's activities is dependent on the reservation being paid in full.

---- So it's 90 days out for your 4 night CL booking. But, see PP. ;) ------

Edited by bear3412

We just booked concierge room on Fantasy next year for my 50th b-day. Looking forward to being completely taken care of so IMHO, yes! It is worth the extras Disney does for you. We were lucky enough on our first cruise with Disney to be upgraded from a balcony to a 1 bedroom suite. After that, I was hooked. We love cruising and try to do a really nice one every 2-3 years.

Yeah i am hooked in cruising. We are going to try and do one a year. Figured I would spoil every for my daughters 10day. Plus she has no idea. She just thinks she is going to disney world. Tres for the one bedroom and it's sold out already :( I will keep check or make a phone call and see of one frees up

We have reserved a concierge suite for a port canaveral cruise. When is our boarding time for this classification?

It should be between 11:00 and 11:30....

Be aware that unlike some other cruise lines, DCL doesn't have a concierge waiting lounge in the port terminal. They have a section roped off, and although you DO get to board among the first passengers (along with the Family of the Day and anyone with accessible needs) there is still a line, and also a huge crowd.

Your category of room used to NOT have the option of ordering from Palo, so I'd check with someone who has cruised more recently to see if this is still true.

Also....as far as your shore excursions, spa, cabana rental (if desired), and a few other things that were mentioned....DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET ONBOARD TO RESERVE THESE.....take advantage of your opportunity to be able to book far ahead of the rest of the passengers, and grab what you want.

There are no guarantees that concierge will be able to get you anything that you may want. They try very hard, but if things are completely booked, there's nothing they can do.

A robe and slippers were mentioned....be award that these are for use during the cruise only, you don't get to keep them.

Thank you. Sounds good. I was thinking of upgrading to the one bedroom. Do you think it's smart to do it now. Or wait and see if they hVe a upgrade special later on down the road.

If it is available now, go for it. We sailed on the Dream in the concierge family deluxe cabin because the 1-BR suites were not available. We loved the ship and concierge. While on the ship, we booked another cruise on the Dream but for a 1 bedroom suite. One thing to note, in the concierge family deluxe cabins, you don't have a DVD player. The DVD players are only in the 1-BR and the royal suites.

Do you have to pay for what's in the min fridge? Bring alcohol on board would save me a lot of money.

DH and I stayed in a Cat V on the Dream in Oct. You don't have to pay for anything in the mini fridge - it's all included.

For us, we felt concierge was totally worth it. In fact, we have to be in Orlando on July 12 and tried to book another Dream cruise on July 13 but there have been no concierge rooms available, so we ended up booking the July 17 cruise instead just so we can be in concierge again. :D (We're currently booked in a Cat 4E on the 13th cruise, also, but keeping an eye out to see if we can upgrade that one to concierge, too.)

Our concierges in Oct were Andy, Ashley and Wendsdae, and they were all very accommodating and really made us feel special and pampered. It was our first time in concierge, and now we're hooked. We're cruising on Allure of the Seas in a couple weeks and actually upgraded to a suite on Allure after our experience on Disney. So, staying concierge can definitely cost $$$ in the long run! :eek:

IMHO, for $600 I'd upgrade to the 1-bedroom if someone came with DH and I. The privacy and extra bathroom would totally be worth it.

..... The DVD players are only in the 1-BR and the royal suites.

That's correct for the Dream, but, ..... for the sake of full disclosure....

The Fantasy cat V's have DVD players connected to the wall mounted 42"(min) flat panel TV at the end of the bed. There is also the little wall mount swivel TV too over the dresser/desk, like in most cabins.

The Dream lacks these wall mounted TV's, except perhaps in the two most forward cat V's that connect to the R's. These two most forward V's have slight differences from the others aboard, TV not yet confirmed, by me at least.

Fantasy Cat V 12518 TVs/DVD/Remotes photos;

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190086.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190087.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190104.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190110.jpg

HTH

Edited by bear3412

That's correct for the Dream, but, ..... for the sake of full disclosure....

The Fantasy cat V's have DVD players connected to the wall mounted 42"(min) flat panel TV at the end of the bed. There is also the little wall mount swivel TV too over the dresser/desk, like in most cabins.

The Dream lacks these wall mounted TV's, except perhaps in the two most forward cat V's that connect to the R's. These two most forward V's have slight differences from the others aboard, TV not yet confirmed, by me at least.

Fantasy Cat V 12518 TVs/DVD/Remotes photos;

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190086.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190087.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190104.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/jegsnakkernorsk/P5190110.jpg

HTH

Do all rooms on Dream and Fantasy have the vast selection of on demand shows and movies via the TV? We had that on the Dream in our room. You could start watching the on demand, go away for a while turning of the TV, come back, and start where you left off.

I am very excited. We booked two connecting concierge cabins (one family and 1-bdrm).

We have been on the Dream 3 times and this is the first time booking on the concierge deck. It's six of us, including twin 14-year old girls that are super divas!

Can't wait to sail!

I am very excited. We booked two connecting concierge cabins (one family and 1-bdrm).

We have been on the Dream 3 times and this is the first time booking on the concierge deck. It's six of us, including twin 14-year old girls that are super divas!

Can't wait to sail!

We have booked the same on the Fantasy In July Eastern ( two connecting concierge cabins (one family and 1-bdrm).

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Called me spoiled but I love having a suite! We like having the 2 bathrooms for 4 people. The privacy for my husband and I is great. Really enjoy the services the concierges have to offer - on the Fantasy, similar to the Dream, the concierge lounge with snacks, hot beverages, and the private sun deck for Concierge suites made it worth it. Looking forward to an upcoming Fantasy with concierge service.

Called me spoiled but I love having a suite! We like having the 2 bathrooms for 4 people. The privacy for my husband and I is great. Really enjoy the services the concierges have to offer - on the Fantasy, similar to the Dream, the concierge lounge with snacks, hot beverages, and the private sun deck for Concierge suites made it worth it. Looking forward to an upcoming Fantasy with concierge service.

PJ is the concierge manager on the Fantasy. He is totally amazing! He used to be the Palo manager on the Magic...and we miss him. Seriously, if there is anything you need and most of what you want, he'll take care of it.

We just returned from a wonderful cruise (our first, ever!) on the Magic, and really enjoyed the concierge 1 br suite we had. I felt like we had our expectations raised by the Disney on-land concierge, though. When I asked about whether we should get water delivered to our room, I was told that water would be provided, and we would have access to the concierge lounge on board to get free drinks, snacks, and bottled water. When we boarded and asked our concierge about the lounge, we were told that on the Magic and Wonder, there is NO concierge lounge and no free bottled water. They gave us a free six pack of bottled water, and put in some canned sodas in the fridge, as compensation for the misinformation we had received. It was never replenished. We were told if we wanted additional bottled water, we would have to pay for it. So the benefits we got for paying more were the extra space, priority boarding, early reservations for a cabana on CC, free snacks delivered without ordering (but they would have been free if we were in a regular room and ordered them through room service), and a litho at the end of the trip. There were a couple of concierge parties (which we did not attend, since they were in conflict with other planned activities), and I am sure there were other things we could have done had we followed up with them. I was very disappointed that Disney couldn't give us coupons for free drinks or bottled water - even if there is no room for an actual room, they could have found a way to give us some of the benefits. We will be on the Magic again in June, but won't be going concierge this time. We will miss the extra space, but it's just not worth the money. On the Fantasy or the Dream? You bet!