Got this email from Carnival

Cruisin 4 Ever

At first I thought it was junk mail since the subject line says "New concepts in Dinning" Hard to believe they would send out a mass email with an obvious spelling error.

Anyway this is the letter. I hadn't heard of others getting it so I thought I would share.

Edited by boyle0268
attachment didn't work will try again

At first I thought it was junk mail since the subject line says "New concepts in Dinning" Hard to believe they would send out a mass email with an obvious spelling error.

Anyway this is the letter. I hadn't heard of others getting it so I thought I would share.

Looks like Carnival has been reading Cruise Critic again. That's how too many people spell "Dining" on this board.:eek:

this is the email that was received...

INTRODUCING NEW DINING EXPERIENCES

January 4, 2014

Hi there!

We know you must be looking forward to your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Liberty. So, we'd like to provide you some exciting news about two new dining concepts we'll be piloting in the next couple of months designed to create a contemporary and memorable dining experience.

Lucky for you, you'll be one of the first to experience American Table and American Feast in the main dining room when you travel with us.

Designed with an emphasis on exceptional American cuisine, American Table will feature familiar regional, fresh and contemporary dishes, with a wide array of appetizer, entree and dessert selections which will change each evening. But don't you worry, we'll be keeping many of the Carnival favorites, which you know and love. Let's just say there's still some Warm Chocolate Melting Cake in your future. Additionally, American Table will feature new menu designs to complement the experience.

On the two Cruise Elegant evenings, you'll be treated to our American Feast, a dining experience designed to create the feeling of an elaborate celebration. Our American Feast menu will feature tantalizing appetizers, a delicious selection of succulently prepared meats, seafod and vegetarian choices, topped off with one of our spectacular desserts.

We don't want to spoil all of the surprises by giving away all the details, but suffice it to say we know you'll be delighted!

As we introduce these new concepts, we have sought to create a delicious, welcoming, and highly satisfying main dining room expereince. So, in addition to our customary post cruise survey, we'll be sending a separate survey for feedback solely on our new dining concepts. We look forward to hearing from you as it will help us to ensure we are hitting the mark before the concepts are more broadly rolled out throughtout 2014.

We're very excited to have you be among the first to experience American Table and American Feast. More importantly, we're looking forward to welcoming you on board!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Cyrus Marfatia

Vice President - Culinary & Dining

Not really, considering one of their latest videos on YouTube (I think it's the Christmas one) misspells the word "visiting" as "visting"!

Grammer misuse and spelling errors in communications are almost acceptable now. High schools and colleges are no longer requiring mastery in these subjects. As these graduates move into the workforce, their misuse of grammer and misspellings are reflected in their written communications. After all, word processors and iPhones are supposed to correct those things automatically, so why bother learning details like "i before e" or "ning" vs "nning," right? They will tell you, "Why learn to use an encyclopedia or a dictionary--If I want to know something, I will just Google it." Their idea is that as long as the reader can glean out of the writing the message the writer intended, then all is OK--spell check or no spell check. Go configure!

Grammer misuse and spelling errors in communications are almost acceptable now. High schools and colleges are no longer requiring mastery in these subjects. As these graduates move into the workforce, their misuse of grammer and misspellings are reflected in their written communications. After all, word processors and iPhones are supposed to correct those things automatically, so why bother learning details like "i before e" or "ning" vs "nning," right? They will tell you, "Why learn to use an encyclopedia or a dictionary--If I want to know something, I will just Google it." Their idea is that as long as the reader can glean out of the writing the message the writer intended, then all is OK--spell check or no spell check. Go configure!

Grammer? Like, Kelsey Grammer?

WAIT WAIT WAIT... before its all over the internet... I hand typed the letter as Carnival blocked me from copying and pasting. But when I get home tonight I will check the letter to see if maybe they did misspell other words!!!

SORRY SORRY SORRY :) LOL

Okay, enough about the letter grammar & spelling errors, has anyone experienced the new American dining program yet? I am sailing in 5 days, cannot find any reviews from actual participants in the new program.

I've heard on some boards that it will be family style dining (e.g. one bowl of an item for all to share) but cannot tell if that is from speculation or otherwise.

I also read that elegant nights are served similar to a bunch of appetizers then everyone gets the same dessert. Lets talk about the food, although the grammar **** in me also enjoyed that so many people caught the obvious misgivings of the announcement. :)

Grammar . . . . I love it. :D