Pride Kiddie pool

megann831

I see on the list of things on ship that the Pride has 3 pools and 1 kiddie pool. Is this a pool kids can splash around in and isn't so deep?

When I called and asked to make sure they have this the guy told me yes. I asked him if kids in diapers can go in and he said yes as long as it's swim diapers. I thought I'd push him in a little further and ask if kids can go in the big pools in diapers, then he double checked the rules and said no, not even in the kiddie pool with swim diapers. I guess I don't really get the purpose of a kiddie pool if little kids can't go in. How strict are they with swim diapers in the kiddie pool? We have a 4 year old too so she'll enjoy being about to jump around in the water, I was just hoping my 2 year old could do the same. It seems like most young kids, diapered or not, will be peeing in the pool.

I'm pretty sure the last cruise I was on that all the kids in the little kiddie pool had on swim diapers! It is just a little round pool very shallow on the ship we were on (triumph). I don't think kids much older than 3 would enjoy it much, but my 17 mo old did! My 5 yr old liked the splash area of the water park spot (like by the slides).

I see on the list of things on ship that the Pride has 3 pools and 1 kiddie pool. Is this a pool kids can splash around in and isn't so deep?

When I called and asked to make sure they have this the guy told me yes. I asked him if kids in diapers can go in and he said yes as long as it's swim diapers. I thought I'd push him in a little further and ask if kids can go in the big pools in diapers, then he double checked the rules and said no, not even in the kiddie pool with swim diapers. I guess I don't really get the purpose of a kiddie pool if little kids can't go in. How strict are they with swim diapers in the kiddie pool? We have a 4 year old too so she'll enjoy being about to jump around in the water, I was just hoping my 2 year old could do the same. It seems like most young kids, diapered or not, will be peeing in the pool.

It's not the urine in the pool that is much of a health concern, it's the solid matter. That can easily leak out of any diaper, even swim diapers.

I found this on the Carnival website:

"Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the whirlpools."

It appears that your two-year old will not be allowed in the kiddie pool until he/she is potty trained.

It is a small pool but still good for kids who are out of diapers but can't swim yet. My 2.5 year old was out of diapers during the days, and we did take him into the regular pool, but we had to have him in our arms the whole time. The kiddie pool was fun for him because he could stomp and splash around independently.