Suite Life Here I Come! WooHoo!

garnet115

I just self-upgraded to a Haven Spa Suite for my upcoming February cruise on Breakaway. I have been watching prices come down and decided it was worth the extra money. Plus I get the spa pass and another $150 OBC, so that helps offset some of my additional cost. Plus all the money that the Lavazza machine will save me on premium coffee drinks....

I am not telling dd about our upgrade until embarkation day. She will be tickled pink by the in-room jacuzzi! I thought I would be second guessing myself for spending the extra money, but I am grinning ear to ear, so I think I made the right choice!

I've never sailed in a suite. I know there is lots of advice on CC about it, but if anyone feels like chiming in with suggestions on how to get the most out of my experience, I am all ears.

Definitely harder to go back :D. Read my previous posts (woman's prerogative, :p), lol. Originally booked Haven, changed to regular spa balconies, then last minute back to Haven, whew. Kept playing in my mind all the perks, size of ship, full ship, 3rd time doing same cruise, no need to get off ship, really...and did I say all the perks! Except Great Stirrup Cay...I will get off ship for that. Enjoy it, truly is heaven!

Some of the perks:

pillow menu, expanded room service menu (you can order anything from any menu, and if you don't order entree, you don't get charged specialty fee), call your butler or concierge from any where on ship for your requests, you'll get a call soon for any requests or needs to plan and prepare your suite beforehand, it's just so relaxing and stress-free!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by rinakop

I just self-upgraded to a Haven Spa Suite for my upcoming February cruise on Breakaway. I have been watching prices come down and decided it was worth the extra money. Plus I get the spa pass and another $150 OBC, so that helps offset some of my additional cost. Plus all the money that the Lavazza machine will save me on premium coffee drinks....

I am not telling dd about our upgrade until embarkation day. She will be tickled pink by the in-room jacuzzi! I thought I would be second guessing myself for spending the extra money, but I am grinning ear to ear, so I think I made the right choice!

I've never sailed in a suite. I know there is lots of advice on CC about it, but if anyone feels like chiming in with suggestions on how to get the most out of my experience, I am all ears.

Good move - you will be spoiled for life:D Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks, all. I am so excited, and I especially can't wait to see the look on dd's face when she finds out about the suite.

One of the big reasons I decided to upgrade is the NY weather. After the way it has been the last week, I would be devestated to spend all this money on a vacation and have it ruined by the weather. I figure with Haven access, at least we will be able to use the courtyard pool if it is too cold for the outdoor pools.

Awesome!! You will love it. I haven't been on a ship with a Haven yet, but have been in the garden villa and a 2 bedroom family suite. Loved them both. Your concierge will get any dining reservation you want, he/she will book excursions for you if needed. Your butler will bring you afternoon treats everyday...yummy!! Your butler will also bring any food you order to your room. You will have a blast!!:D