Did I Make a Costly Mistake?

Rosethorn40

Just made final payment for our R/T New Orleans voyage leaving April 18th. Was looking forward to booking "Premium" shore excursions at our two stops; a trip to Laura Plantation at Oak Alley, and a Swamp Tour in Baton Rouge. However, it appears that there are no premium shorex offered on this trip except transfers to the hotel or airport after the boat trip. Not interested as I have no desire to see the 9th Ward, and as we are getting into New Orleans 2-days early I am sure any highlights from the bus transfer would be repeats for us. I'm afraid I may go a little stir crazy our 2 and half days on board. It won't take me an entire day to see Oak Alley, and the hop on/off trolley will most likely be a bust as many sights will probably be closed on Easter Sunday. A little disappointed that the American Queen web site was not more clear about the lack of shorex for this voyage when I booked. Feeling a bit deflated and not at all excited. In fact, right now I have a serious case of buyer remorse.

• 2 months later...