Tips for Bayport Terminal

chrismch

Be aware that sometimes they will not let you stay on the ship.

They usually have you get off.

Sometimes they will let you back on right away and others tell you you must wait until boarding time.

Thank you for your additional advice. The last b2b I did,

I went out for the day, so it was not an issue. But, I know

you are right -- the one thing that is consistent is the

inconsistencies.

It sounds like that it might be too far/expensive in Houston

to reasonably go out for the day. And, there is no way to

know in advance if everything will be on time.

We'll be sailing on Caribbean Princess in April from Bayport. We're flying from Edmonton one day in advance (Friday) and staying overnight at the Kemah Boardwalk Inn. Have sailed from Galveston previously, thought it would be a good chance to see the Boardwalk the evening before we sail. Three generations - I'm the Grandma, in charge of 'organizing' our travel. The Boardwalk Inn recommended the Houston Travel Zone for transfers to the ship. I spoke to Sherry there and she was very helpful. We will be picked up at IAH, transferred to Boardwalk Inn, then to the ship the following day. Also will be picked up the day we disembark, taken to the Space Centre for a few hours (or as long as we feel comfortable with), then to IAH for our 6 p.m. flight. Princess offers an excursion to the Space Centre on the way to airport, but only allows 2 hours at NASA which wasn't near enough last year when we were there.

What did you think of NASA? On-line reviews are mixed.

I see $24 per person each way on the Princess site. Does this change if you fly into IAH vs. HOU? We're coming from southern California, trying to decide on LAX vs. SAN -- logistically SAN is better since we can park at our son's place and save there, but the flights out of LAX are a bit better price. Depending on which airline we choose, we end up in IAH with United and HOU with Southwest. Hope weather is in our favor in late March!

We are flying in/out of Bush the end of Feb and Princess transfers cost us $24 pp each way.

We are flying in/out of Bush the end of Feb and Princess transfers cost us $24 pp each way.

are u sure.....have u actually called and spoken to anyone....because my TA said that's from Hobby not Bush.....Bush is quite a way away!!

are u sure.....have u actually called and spoken to anyone....because my TA said that's from Hobby not Bush.....Bush is quite a way away!!

Yes - purchased the transfers this week - through TA.

What did you think of NASA? On-line reviews are mixed.

We love NASA, but it may not be for everyone.

We like taking the train out to see the training pool and other things away from the main building.

We love the main building also, not including the kid things, but we loved that too when we took our granddaughter.

I would want more than 2 hours.

Judy

Does anyone have a guess how early I can drop off my

bags at Bayport?

I'd like to drop off everything, then return the rental car,

and return with just carry-on.

Thanks!

You have to remember that the porters are taking luggage off of the ship and helping the passengers that are debarking. That will be their priority in the morning.

We have dropped luggage at 10:00 AM.

You might be able to try 9:00 or 9:30.

The problem may be snagging a porter.

We have found the porters in Baytown to be very friendly and helpful.

They earn their tips and we try to be generous with them.

Good luck!

Judy

I think you'll find that price is for Hobby not Bush.....we are flying cheaply with Spirit, and they don't fly into Hobby!!

$24 pp is the price for EITHER airport. We chose this option from IAH because it's such a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi - I am sailing for the first time out of Bayport next month and I don't fly out until 7pm from IAH on disembarkation day. Any advice for where/how to store luggage until my slight or must I schlep it around with me? Also, any tips for things to do in the area of the cruise terminal? Thanks in advance for any advice! Sincerely, Message Board Newbie :)

I'll share what we have decided to do. Our flight is after 5 pm at IAH and we have a car rented in Webster, which can be returned to IAH. We will take the short ride to the rental agency with Uber. It was only like $38 for the one way car rental for an SUV. I know my mil wants to see NASA so we may do that or maybe something else. This is cheaper and more flexible than other return options considered. The Princess transfer would have us waiting in the airport for HOURS.

You can book the Best Western Plus Seabrooke online for about $109/night (plus taxes fees, etc.)

When I called and asked about their cruise package (parking, shuttle) she said you must call us and it costs $139/night.

I wonder if the people who book over the internet at $109/night can get the shuttle and parking for the cruise, and if so, what is the cost?

Just don't want to overpay!

Online rate now, for a Friday night in April, is $139 + 17% tax/fee. I guess maybe rates have gone up or it depends on day of week? They have free shuttle to cruise terminal. I wasn't looking for parking since we're flying.

Hi - I am sailing for the first time out of Bayport next month and I don't fly out until 7pm from IAH on disembarkation day. Any advice for where/how to store luggage until my slight or must I schlep it around with me? Also, any tips for things to do in the area of the cruise terminal? Thanks in advance for any advice! Sincerely, Message Board Newbie :)

See if your cruise offers a sightseeing tour that ends at IAH. That way you'd see the sights and your luggage would be in the hold of the tour bus.

Bayport cruise terminal isn't too far from Kemah Boardwalk or from NASA if you take taxi. But I don't know where you could store luggage unless you rent a car for your sightseeing.

$24 pp is the price for EITHER airport. We chose this option from IAH because it's such a great deal.

yes I know this now, having actually spoken with Princess direct, which is wot I should have done in the first place, rather than asking people who don't know and relying on mis-information......it the first time, and probably the only time where cruise line transportation is cheaper than a shuttle or cab etc!!

Last year, the Princess package for Hobby Airport travel was a great deal - lodging is at the Four Seasons downtown, near all kinds of food and entertainment, and about $130/person with all transport included. Really nice hotel.

This is an off-topic post for sminfiddle. I found a camera in Key West on 2/8/15 and it showed Rev. Carol of the Holy Comforter Church of Angelton Tx. as well as several cruise photos and am trying to locate the owner. Celebrity Constellation was the only ship in port then. If you can help,

please email me at hstraigh@twcny.rr.com . Thank you.

Harry

Online rate now, for a Friday night in April, is $139 + 17% tax/fee. I guess maybe rates have gone up or it depends on day of week? They have free shuttle to cruise terminal. I wasn't looking for parking since we're flying.

Correction. That rate was from website accessed through TripAdvisor. But when I googled Best Western Suites Seabrook I got their reservations website where the price is $125. There is a 17% tax so the final cost is $142. It was same cost whether suite was king bed, two queens, or two double beds.

• 1 month later...

I am preparing to book NCL Jade which sails from Bayport. We are looking at arriving early so I can spend the day at the Johnson Space Center. We will be flying into Hobby. i saw a few recommendations but wondered if anyone knew more info on the Best Western Seabrook and shuttles both airport and cruise terminal.

I am preparing to book NCL Jade which sails from Bayport. We are looking at arriving early so I can spend the day at the Johnson Space Center. We will be flying into Hobby. i saw a few recommendations but wondered if anyone knew more info on the Best Western Seabrook and shuttles both airport and cruise terminal.

Best Western Seabrook has complimentary shuttle to Bayport terminal. You'd probably have to take taxi to/from SpacecCenter.

Since port is so far from airport, no shuttles other than Super Shuttle or taxi or NCL shuttle day of cruise or returning from cruise.

A CC poster in a Jewel review said the cost was of taxi about $50 plus tip. Others have mentioned $55-60 plus tip.

One poster recommended using Pasadena Taxi.

Mary Kay, thanks for the shuttle information. We use super shuttle quite a bit but I will check into the taxi company you wrote about as well.

This post is referring to the Port of Houston - we use Uber for trips home from the airport in Houston and like them very much. They are dependable and not as costly. You have to set up your account before you leave home though.

This post is referring to the Port of Houston - we use Uber for trips home from the airport in Houston and like them very much. They are dependable and not as costly. You have to set up your account before you leave home though.

When you say Port of Houston, are you referring to Bayport?

Houston has two ports: Bayport and Galveston.

Houston also has two airports, so am not sure which you are referring to.

When you say Port of Houston, are you referring to Bayport?

Houston has two ports: Bayport and Galveston.

Houston also has two airports, so am not sure which you are referring to.

Oops, sorry about that.

Bayport is in the Port of Houston.

That is what I was mentioning.

The port of Galveston is on the Island of Galveston.

IAH (George Bush) is the "big" airport where most airline can be found.

Hobby is the smaller one, and is used by a few airlines, with Southwest Airlines being the major one. Hobby is the closer airport to both cruise ports.

Hope this helps.

Judy

We traveled to Houston (HOU) and had scheduled a SuperShuttle ride from the airport to Bayport Terminal. It was supposed to be a "meet and greet" type ride, but nobody met us. My daughter called SuperShuttle and learned that they had OVERBOOKED (Sunday, March 29) so we ended up taking a Yellow Cab minivan and SuperShuttle covered the cost - and is supposed to reimburse for the prepaid ride as well. Not a good first impression.

On our return trip we just cancelled SuperShuttle and did the Yellow Cab thing again. About $65 plus tip each way (if we'd paid for the ride from the airport, that is...)

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on the Emerald Princess out of Houston Bayport on 4/5/15. I saw a recommendation for Pasadena Taxi so called them to make a reservation. I made a reservation for 3 adults, 5 pieces of luggage for 10:30 a.m. from the Drury Inn and Suites at Hobby Airport. We arrived a day early and I called them around 4 p.m. on the 4th to reconfirm our reservation details and it was confirmed. They said that the driver would call us when he arrived. The next morning, we waited in the lobby of the hotel and no one showed up or called us to contact us saying they would be late. I waited until 10:45 a.m. and called them. They said that they were trying to find us a Pasadena Taxi. It was raining and should have taken us a little longer to get to the port than if it was not. I told her that I had reconfirmed the reservation the afternoon before and figured that someone should have already been scheduled to pick us up. She then asked me if I wanted her to find us a taxi from another company. Not knowing how long it would be for a Pasadena Taxi, I told her yes. In about 10 minutes, another taxi driver called and said he was on his way and arrived 5 minutes later. He was from Yellow Cab, I believe. On the way to the port, we were held up 20 minutes by a train, which obviously made us later to the port and added time to the fare as we were on the meter. The ride costs $77.00 + tip.

Just thought I would relay our experience for those doing this next season as I know this is the last week for Princess to sail from Houston this season.

There were some other people waiting in the lobby at the same time as us and they had two van taxis come to pick them up. Seemed to be prearranged and the company was Taxi Fiesta or Fiesta Taxi. Might try them if we sail from Houston again. Did not have a chance to talk to them as they were in the process of loading into the vans.