Really Confused - Booking

Hello all,

I am really confused. I booked a cruise in March on Royal Carribean. I was all excited, requested a room midship outside cabin. Paid for the trip and had a room number and all. I go onto the cruise website today to check out online check in procedures and it has me listed for a room in the front of the ship. I really hate to get all bummed out about such a small thing but, I dont really know how I am going to react to boat motion and dissapointed that I am also being put in a room underneath a dance hall. Will the room change again or is there a way for me to request and KEEP a room? Kinda' confused how this works. Thanks for any help in advance.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I am really confused. I booked a cruise in March on Royal Carribean. I was all excited, requested a room midship outside cabin. Paid for the trip and had a room number and all. I go onto the cruise website today to check out online check in procedures and it has me listed for a room in the front of the ship. I really hate to get all bummed out about such a small thing but, I dont really know how I am going to react to boat motion and dissapointed that I am also being put in a room underneath a dance hall. Will the room change again or is there a way for me to request and KEEP a room? Kinda' confused how this works. Thanks for any help in advance.

Are you saying that you booked a specific room number initially, and that room number has changed?

I went to a travel agency and requested an outside cabin, midship. After paying for the cruise, on my documentation it gave me a room number and cabin type. After logging onto Royal Carribean website tonite, I now have a room at front of ship. Im confused as to why the room would have changed and why if I requested a midship cabin, why i would have been thrown in a front cabin.

I went to a travel agency and requested an outside cabin, midship. After paying for the cruise, on my documentation it gave me a room number and cabin type. After logging onto Royal Carribean website tonite, I now have a room at front of ship. Im confused as to why the room would have changed and why if I requested a midship cabin, why i would have been thrown in a front cabin.

You should be talking to your travel agent.

Did you book with a TA or with Celebrity? Is the cabin you initially had the same category as the new cabin, or did the upgrade fairy move you to a higher category?

If you booked with a TA I would contact them immediately and have them go to bat for you with Celebrity. Hopefully to get you a cabin midship and and explanation of the change.

If you booked directly with Celebrity you need to call them yourself and ask to be moved to a cabin in the category you booked & in the same part of the ship.

Cabins get changed from time to time for a variety of reasons. But it would be nice if the cruise line notified you when they made the change.

That's why you have a TA it's there job to fix it if all the cabins are taken that you described have him moan about it a little on your behalf and you might get an upgrade.

Since you used a travel agency, Royal will not talk to you about your stateroom. You will have to contact the travel agent and try to get them to change your room.

Unfortunately your travel agent is probably the one who will have to sort this out. Did she give you a cabin number at the time of booking - a specific number and not just verify the type of cabin you requested? If you dont have a cabin number, she may have not locked in a cabin and that is why you have been assigned something now. You could call Royal Caribbean but I'm betting since you went through a travel agent, only they can "talk" and get it changed. If there are cabins available in the category you paid for, you can probably just get it changed. I hope you can get it changed. on the other hand, if you do have an original cabin assigned and it is now changed, I'd be a bit miffed. Hope they will make good (or better).

Did you book with a TA or with Celebrity? Is the cabin you initially had the same category as the new cabin, or did the upgrade fairy move you to a higher category?

If you booked with a TA I would contact them immediately and have them go to bat for you with Celebrity. Hopefully to get you a cabin midship and and explanation of the change.

If you booked directly with Celebrity you need to call them yourself and ask to be moved to a cabin in the category you booked & in the same part of the ship.

Cabins get changed from time to time for a variety of reasons. But it would be nice if the cruise line notified you when they made the change.

They booked a Royal Caribbean cruise with a travel agency, not a Celebrity cruise.

Hello all,

You waited until now to look at your cabin on the deck plans? Or you had one cabin when you first booked and now you have a different cabin?

First, figure out exactly what the problem is for you.

Then call your travel agent and discuss the problem.

I went to a travel agency and requested an outside cabin, midship. After paying for the cruise, on my documentation it gave me a room number and cabin type. After logging onto Royal Carribean website tonite, I now have a room at front of ship. Im confused as to why the room would have changed and why if I requested a midship cabin, why i would have been thrown in a front cabin...
As I read this you asked for midship, were given a cabin number, but did not at the time check to see where that cabin was. It is not entirely clear, but I have not seen anyplace (maybe I missed it) where you say the cabin number has changed. Now you have finally checked and the cabin is not midship as far as you are concerned. You talk about keeping a room, but unless I missed it, the room never changed.

If what I have said is correct, you need to see if your TA can move you to a cabin that meets your definition of midship. Like you, I desire a midship cabin. Having sailed multiple times I have learned to look at the deck plans while booking, not only for fore and aft location, but to check what is above and below the cabin. But that comes from experience.

If RCI moved you from one cabin to another (change of cabin number) then you can get irritated at RCI, but I'm pretty sure that their contract does allow them to do this (but they don't do it often).

If your TA graciously tries to get you a more midship cabin, accept that but know to look at the deck plans when booking next time. If the TA makes no effort to get you closer to midship look for a new TA for next time.

Thom