I want the best cruise to the Pacific Islands and Fiji

Sailaway John

I'm not not sure how these dates would coincide w/ AU school holidays, but the dates available for this itinerary are:

Feb. 21st, 2014 (Sun Princess)

Sep. 20th, 2014 (Dawn Princess)

Nov. 25th, 2014 (Sun Princess)

Jan 24th, 2015 (Sun Princess)

Feb 20th, 2015 (Sun Princess)

I've previously read that it's common for 10+ day South Pacific sailings to not be too loaded with youngsters.

On our sailing a few years back, I honestly can't remember if I noticed more than a couple of kids on board during our cruise, but that was also a (RT) from Tahiti instead of departing from a major metro area like Sydney.

We were with you on that one Skai. We did the same trip b2b for 20 days. Fabulous cruise. I do remember on our last day aboard (Dec 21st), there were many, many families and "party" people boarding for Christmas week. The atmosphere changed completely. If you want peace and quiet, I'd avoid holidays.

Also whilst PAC Islands geographically includes Haiti, I would not think of this as part of them. Maybe it's my "Australianess" but it is too Americanised in my head. Not what I think PAC Islands to be about. :) Reminds me of sailing / cruising the Caribbean.

The Pacific Islands comprise 20,000 to 30,000 islands in the Pacific Ocean.

Three of the major groups of islands in the Pacific Ocean.

Most of the Pacific Islands lying south of the Tropic of Cancer are collectively referred to as Oceania,[1] although Oceania is sometimes defined as also including Australasia and the Malay Archipelago. These islands are traditionally grouped into the three divisions of Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia:

Melanesia means black islands. These islands, south of the equator, include New Guinea (the largest Pacific island and second largest island in the world after Greenland, which is divided into the sovereign nation of Papua New Guinea and the Indonesian provinces of Maluku, Papua and West Papua), New Caledonia, Zenadh Kes (Torres Strait Islands), Vanuatu, Fiji, and the Solomon Islands.

Micronesia means small islands. These include the Northern Marianas, Guam, Wake Island, Palau, the Marshall Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, and the Federated States of Micronesia, although sometimes Nauru and Kiribati's Banaba island are listed separately from Micronesia. Most of these lie north of the equator.

Polynesia means many islands. These islands, mostly south of the equator, include New Zealand, the Hawaiian Islands, Rotuma, the Midway Islands, the Samoan Islands (divided between the Independent State of Samoa and American Samoa), Tonga, Tuvalu, the Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Tokelau, Niue, French Polynesia, and Easter Island. It is the largest of the three zones.

Haiti is no where to be found????? :cool: