white pass and trail adventure

badger71

has anyone gone on the rail and trail camp tour in skagway? i would like to take the trian but not necessarily round-trip is the bus ride back to skagway with stop at liarsville too corny for 56 yr olds??:)

Just did it last week. We thought the trail camp was CUTE and little corny, but I liked the panning for gold and we did get GOLD. Gee now where did I put it? We did it in reverse though. The bus was first to Liarsville and then up to where we meet the train in Canada. Then we took the train back.

The Train was AWESOME!!! Definitely at least do the train if you don't want to go to Liarsville, but the ride up on the bus from Liarsville to the Summit is good and you get to see the train from the road and there are stops along the way to get out and take pictures.

Anne Maria

Just did the train/bus last week. It is great. Wonderful views. The train goes futher on the tran/bus trip than it does on the roundtrip train. Also, you get to see a different view from the bus. Liarsville was a little corny, but certainly not so bad as to avoid the train/bus. Even my 16 year old son liked it. Yes, they seed the sand with gold so you get a few flakes. If you have never panned for gold before, it may be worth it.

Archived