Warning in St Maarten /St Martin

mcrcruiser

I remember seeing signs for a ferry stop somewhere near Chesterfields. That is when I questioned our tour guide about the ferry to Anguilla and St. Barts. I am personally not interested in taking the ferry on a one day stop while on a cruise ship, but our tour guide indicated that people from cruise ships do take the ferry over to Anguilla from St. Maarten (Dutch side). I am aware of the ferry in Marigot that will also take passengers over to Anguilla.

I am going back in September and will be glad to find out the specifics for you and the name of the ferry company in Philipsburg. I just found this info below on google.

http://ivisitanguilla.com/by-sea/

http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/anguilla-ferry-system.html

I know that there is a ferry that goes from Philipsburg to St. Bart's but you saw a sign indicating the ferry went to Anguilla from this area of the island as well? I have never heard of this before and I can not find this information on the Internet. I would think that it would be cheaper and faster to taxi to Marigot and ferry from there for cruisers.

The ferry from Marigot to Anguilla is well known and I took it way back in 1992. It's the information that you are posting that there is also a ferry from Philipsburg to Anguilla that I have never heard of before.

I remember seeing signs for a ferry stop somewhere near Chesterfields. That is when I questioned our tour guide about the ferry to Anguilla and St. Barts. I am personally not interested in taking the ferry on a one day stop while on a cruise ship, but our tour guide indicated that people from cruise ships do take the ferry over to Anguilla from St. Maarten (Dutch side). I am aware of the ferry in Marigot that will also take passengers over to Anguilla.

I am going back in September and will be glad to find out the specifics for you and the name of the ferry company in Philipsburg. I just found this info below on google.

http://ivisitanguilla.com/by-sea/

http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/anguilla-ferry-system.html

I looked at your links but still don't see a ferry from Philipsburg to Anguilla. There are charters that one could book privately but I did not see any info on a ferry. The airport ferry would not be cost worthy or time worthy since one would have to taxi to the airport area which is about the same as taking a taxi to Marigot and since the boat ride is farther the cost is more. This seems to be something that needs to be booked in advance as well where the Marigot to Anguilla ferry does not.

I'm surprised that there is no information available online if there is a ferry service from Philipsburg to Anguilla. I didn't see any reviews on tripadvisor for it either. I will be back on the island in July so I will let you know what I find out since I will be there before you.

I heard it reported on national news tonight there are verified cases in U.S. - East Coast.

There have been cases confirmed in the US, but thus far, all of the people with this infection recently returned from traveling in the Caribbean or another country in which chikagunya has already been established. They diid not become infected in the US.

However, there is concern that it will eventually spread in the US, particularly in the Southeast that has the right type of mosquito to carry the virus.

This is the new info on this you can see it on there website. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/chikungunya-saint-martin Makes me worry since I am a Mosqito magnet and we leave in july for this area so im a little worried.

We are going in August, but we plan on bringing some good mosquito repellent (with DEET), plus Avon's Skin so Soft. We also plan on wearing long pants for the time we are touring, with our bathing suits underneath.

These are not zombie mosquitos that can't be killed or kept away. A good repellent will do the trick and keep yo0u safe.

Cheers

Len

Unless in a very weakened condition or other serious health issues, most people who become infected recover well. Unpleasant to be sure but not likely to be deadly, if bitten.

FYI...the ships are worried much about it. I just got off the Freedom of the Seas yesterday w/ a stop in St. Maartin and it was never mentioned or posted. I was kind of expecting a little something in the Compass. I brought bug spray but I noticed RCL didn't even offer it in the 'general store'.