MDR lunch menus

Lil' Baba

Do they offer a different lunch menu everyday in MDR?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's different everyday the MDR is open for lunch...which is normally only on sea days...depending on your sailing it may only be open 1 or 2 days..

The Tutti Salad is the best salad I have ever had. This non-self-serve salad bar is truly incredible.

The quality and fabulous choice of ingredients is very impressive. This is the single best thing I've had on a RC ship.

Yum!

What is Tutti Salad?
It's a made for you salad served in the MDR at lunch usually on sea-days.

When we were on the Mariner there were large shrimp, chicken breast. candied pecans and Gorgonzola cheese available as well as a huge selection of other options.

You point at what you want in your salad and they combine it and dress it for you. Very good idea especially Norovirus wise.

Edited by richstowe

It's a made for you salad served in the MDR at lunch usually on sea-days.

When we were on the Mariner there were large shrimp, chicken breast. candied pecans and Gorgonzola cheese available as well as a huge selection of other options.

You point at what you want in your salad and they combine it and dress it for you. Very good idea especially Norovirus wise.

Sounds really good.

Ok call me stupid but you can lunch in the mdr instead of the same ol windjammer cafe? I had no idea. Is it at an additional charge? I need a cruise guide. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes - it's free to eat lunch in the MDR.

The lunches in the MDR are almost better than the dinners.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree! I like the lunches. A nice option and good food. I don't do the Tutti salad much as it's always too much food. But the menu items are really good. Also you can do the tutti salad (it's really just a great salad bar) and also any or all menu items. One friend went to the Tutti salad and just got a plate of shrimp, some cocktail sauce (can't remember if it was there) and just had a nice shrimp cocktail.

Definitely WAY better than the WJ for lunch!

The tutti salad is excellent.

Another tip: The MDR burger is much better than the WJ burger. I believe that the MDR uses the same burgers as Johnny Rockets, without the upcharge. I don't know what the burger in the WJ is.

IMO: The best onboard lunch is the MDR burger with a tutti salad.

Ok call me stupid but you can lunch in the mdr instead of the same ol windjammer cafe? I had no idea. Is it at an additional charge? I need a cruise guide. Lol

My understanding is that MDR is open for lunch only on seadays ,not when the ship is in port and not on embarkation day.

The lunches in the MDR are almost better than the dinners.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The desserts are better than at dinner. I like eating in the MDR better than WJ but the hours may not fit in with excursions.