Pacific Ocean crossing NB from Hawaii

jgreenwo17

Dear Celebrity nation,

DW and I are pretty hardy cruisers but have not done any ocean crossings before. We have 5 sea days coming back to the mainland from Hawaii on the Solstice. (In early May). Anyone out there with previous experience on this crossing? What lind of weather and seas are typical that time of year?

Thanks,

Jack & Jill

We did this twice on Summit. Once in January and once in May. Weather is changeable but it was like glass in May and 6-8' waves in winter.

If you are squeamish, get a patch or take Bonine for the sea days. My cousin is very motion sensitive and she did great with the patch.

Sue

I did a Hawaii-Vancouver cruise back in 2002 on the Summit. I absolutely loved this cruise......we did not have any bad weather on this cruise. The only thing was the further north towards the Pacific NW you got the cooler the air temps were. We had no rough seas on that cruise at all.

I still remember being out on deck with friends and we were just sitting and talking and drink coffee or soda or bloody Mary's when one of us saw land (the cliffs at the entrance of the Strait of San Juan de Fuca) and yelled "Land Ho! We had so much fun with other cruisers and watching land getting closer to us.

Then once we entered the Straits....we got buzzed by the Canadian Coast Guard helicopters! It was a great day.....and the views of Mount Baker when entering the Straits is just gorgeous especially if you are within a couple hours of sunset which lend a pinkish glow to the mountain.