Land Discoveries 25% cancellation - still confused

First, let me say that I was very sad to hear about Bill Lieber's passing. He provided excellent information and feedback on this forum.

One of the things Mr. Lieber tried to clarify was the eligibility of customers for the 25% off Land Discoveries once it was announced that it would be cancelled.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those folks who missed the notification despite receiving Azamara emails and following them on Facebook. My hubby and I booked a cruise last year (for Sept 2014) and I had not booked shore excursions in part because the prices changed a couple of times.

So, I've missed the deadline of Jan 4th.

Mr. Lieber's post led me to believe that we would still be eligible for the discount but I heard back from Azamara yesterday that they would not honour it. So, my understanding is that we can't receive the 25% off nor are we eligible for the current promo becuase we booked last year.

It was a selling point for booking the cruise so I'm quite disappointed. Anyone else have this problem or am I the only one who lost out? :(

[quote name='wamma44']First, let me say that I was very sad to hear about Bill Lieber's passing. He provided excellent information and feedback on this forum.

One of the things Mr. Lieber tried to clarify was the eligibility of customers for the 25% off Land Discoveries once it was announced that it would be cancelled.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those folks who missed the notification despite receiving Azamara emails and following them on Facebook. My hubby and I booked a cruise last year (for Sept 2014) and I had not booked shore excursions in part because the prices changed a couple of times.

So, I've missed the deadline of Jan 4th.

Mr. Lieber's post led me to believe that we would still be eligible for the discount but I heard back from Azamara yesterday that they would not honour it. So, my understanding is that we can't receive the 25% off nor are we eligible for the current promo becuase we booked last year.

It was a selling point for booking the cruise so I'm quite disappointed. Anyone else have this problem or am I the only one who lost out? :([/QUOTE]

This is the first I heard of the Land Discoveries discount being cancelled. We were never notified and my Azamara Excursion document that was provided by Azamara when I booked(PDF) states that the excursions and costs are good until four days prior to sailing. Here is a copy of the statement from the brochure and prices reflects the 25% discount.

Online Shore Excursions reservations for your sailing will be available up until 16-Jun-2014 11:59 PM EDT

• 1 month later...
I have also had issues with the shore excursions 25% discount cancellation, and I sent off emails and a certified letter to the Azamara Guest Relations. The response has been poor. Possibly, Azamara needs to work on their land Guest Relations.

• 3 months later...
We had booked with AZ when they offered a 50% discount for Land Discovery tours. We asked to be grandfathered in when reduced it to 25%. I complained directly to Larry Pimpenel on this board who replied, in part, "things change." One thing that changed was my reservation because I canceled and rebooked with Celeb for half the price.

[quote name='CTLeeA']We had booked with AZ when they offered a 50% discount for Land Discovery tours. We asked to be grandfathered in when reduced it to 25%. I complained directly to Larry Pimpenel on this board who replied, in part, "things change." One thing that changed was my reservation because I canceled and rebooked with Celeb for half the price.[/QUOTE]

I lost out on the 25% duscount too. I found out after I paid my final payment and had choice air booked. I am still going on the cruise. I have been on Azamara before. However, I am working hard to arrange my excursions fother eays. The internet is wonderful and so are peiple who read these forums. i have gathered lots of info...and in truth saved more $ than I would have saved with the 25% discount. However, the sad part is that I have no fairh in promotions from Azamara if they can withdraw anytime without notice. Still am not happy about it. I never get any emails from Azamara...and keep signing up. Nor do I get brochures. Something seems to be wrong in that department. You ought pay attention to your girst relations too.