star leaves a lot to be desired

lukesgrammie

Waiting to hear your report. I love the Star and have sailed on her twice, once for 20 days and just last March/April for 28. Now getting ready to sail her again on 2/18. Sorry to hear you were disappointed...

Since most of the 2,000+ pax Princess ships look and feel somewhat similar to me, I always find it puzzling when one ship gets picked on over others. Was it the ship or rather your cruise enjoyment regardless of the ship that prompted you to post this?

I was just on the Star Princess for 15 days in December and had a great time. Yes, the ship is older and a bit dated, but the staff that I encountered were great. Dave Cole is one of the best cruise directors that Princess has and there were tons of activities. Elua and Dave Cole provide an excellent Hawaiian culture program. Food was decent. The buffet area on these ships is small with limited choices, but they always had good choices. The staff in Sabatini's is excellent. I am not thrilled with the current Sabatini's menu, but the staff was great and food was good. I loved the Crab Shack. We had a really fine meal in the Crown Grill. It just shows that everyone has different opinions. I wish I could go on this cruise again. I had a really fun trip.

I was on the same cruise as KruzPrincess in December and had a wonderful time. Can't beat the crew, food...well that is always subjective although I have no problem saying that we had a fantastic dinner in the Crown Grill.

Elua and David Cole are the best. Can't wait to go back.

pretty disappointed....more when we get home...hope it improves for the rest of you....hopefully our comments will help out the rest of you..Seventh Princess cruise all were wonderfuly except the star

Sorry, but without a reason, it feels a little like trolling. Its been sometime since we were on the Star, but we sure loved it.

So the dumb question of the day would be why bother to start the thread

There are endless topics on here that should never have been started. You can frequently find several new topics about things like bringing wine onboard or how long for my shareholder or FCC OBC to show up in my account...all on THE FIRST PAGE of the list of topics! No extensive searching to do in order to find the answers.

Edited by AE_Collector

pretty disappointed....more when we get home...hope it improves for the rest of you....hopefully our comments will help out the rest of you..Seventh Princess cruise all were wonderfuly except the star

No reasons given?

Lots of positive reviews here for the Star...

I wonder if the problem the OP is referring to has to do with something I read in a "live" from the Star by 2ndCitySue. They had to miss Lahaina due to high winds. The next day everyone received $214.16 in OBC to cover the Lahaina port charges. I thought that was a lot, since the total fees and taxes for this sailing come to $100. Anyway, in a later post she said this:

"Let's start with the drama of the day: Princess took away the $214.16 credit they had made to our accounts, and replaced it with a $2.00 credit. They cited an error by a bookkeeper. Oh yeah? Many of us had spent part of the credit already. I bought $79.96 worth of photographs. I had never bought a photo on board before. Some bought make-up which they immediately used so can not return. Some bought lots of drinks which they have already consumed. There's not a lot of happy campers for this stunt."

I can see many people being upset about this, especially if they already went out and spent the credit that Princess had given them.

Edited by Jasperdo

I wonder if the problem the OP is referring to has to do with something I read in a "live" from the Star by 2ndCitySue. They had to miss Lahaina due to high winds. The next day everyone received $214.16 in OBC to cover the Lahaina port charges. I thought that was a lot, since the total fees and taxes for this sailing come to $100. Anyway, in a later post she said this:

"Let's start with the drama of the day: Princess took away the $214.16 credit they had made to our accounts, and replaced it with a $2.00 credit. They cited an error by a bookkeeper. Oh yeah? Many of us had spent part of the credit already. I bought $79.96 worth of photographs. I had never bought a photo on board before. Some bought make-up which they immediately used so can not return. Some bought lots of drinks which they have already consumed. There's not a lot of happy campers for this stunt."

I can see many people being upset about this, especially if they already went out and spent the credit that Princess had given them.

I know if something is too good to be true then I confirm it before spending it. It's obvious that if the taxes & fees are $100 for a cruise that receiving $214.16 is a mistake so don't be foolish & spend what they don't deserve.

I don't understand why some posters make derogatory statements during a cruise with the promise to go into details later. Such posts are useless to me & are only a way to rant without an explanation. I think it would be better to wait until their cruise has ended to share experiences...good or bad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I know if something is too good to be true then I confirm it before spending it. It's obvious that if the taxes & fees are $100 for a cruise that receiving $214.16 is a mistake so don't be foolish & spend what they don't deserve.

I don't understand why some posters make derogatory statements during a cruise with the promise to go into details later. Such posts are useless to me & are only a way to rant without an explanation. I think it would be better to wait until their cruise has ended to share experiences...good or bad. :rolleyes:

Agree. Wait until you can sit down and think out your response. If it's because the OP was upset over the incorrect credit, he/she could have at least added that there was disappointment over a poorly done credit, and would be giving the full story once he gets home. I'm guessing he just wanted to vent, but maybe this could had waited.

I totally agree with everything you said. I just posted this as a possible explanation. Though I can see how some people who are not cruise savy would not think that this is too good to be true. I think Princess did drop the ball on this one. I can't believe that someone didn't notice that this was an awful high amount for Lahaina Port Charges before sending the letter out to all passengers. Edited by Jasperdo

We were on the Star in August and it was more than fine. Also last year was for a month.One of our favorite ships. Am curious what the poster didn't like.

Glad to hear Gloria. I just paid final today for a cruise on her in April.

BTW, DS is taking your advice on the Navy housing. Thanks!

I too am wondering why one would start a thread before one is ready to make some kind of helpful commentary.:D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that would not be good. :eek: