2nd Formal Dinner v's Murano

Natalia&Nick

I'm considering Murano Restaurant for the evening of the second formal night, but wonder if that's a bit daft ...

Is the food on formal nights better than on normal MDR nights?

Would we be better booking Murano for the last night of the cruise?

Thanks again for taking the time to help us out.

Cheers.

Nick

I'm considering Murano Restaurant for the evening of the second formal night, but wonder if that's a bit daft ...

Many people think so, but I disagree.

Murano would be a great choice for formal night.

Greetings

You didn't mention how long a cruise. On cruises with 2 formal nights, the last formal night is normally the one where the MDR menu includes lobster. Now there is always lots of "discussion" as to the quality of the lobster served, but if one does like the lobster then the MDR is the place to be on that night.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hi it's a 10 night cruise.

The previous very helpful writer suggested Murano does lobster that night too?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Greetings

Murano has lobster on it's menu every night. So if you or your SO are fans you can have it in the MDR on formal night and in Murano on another night. Just a thought.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hard Choice. We've dine formal night in the specialty restaurants before and enjoyed it. But the menus on formal nights are among the best in my opinion and it isn't just the lobster. It's usually the kind of menu where you can't make up your mind because everything looks good and you wish they'd have spread the selections out over the other nights. The beef tenderloin they usually serve the same night as the lobster is great!

Personally, I don't care at all for the MDR lobster. It is warm water lobster, reminds me of craw dads! Don't expect Maine lobster. The lobster in Murano is very good. We did Murano for 2nd formal night on Reflection, and I was not sorry. We thought Murano was 2 steps above anything served in the MDR any night. But food is very subjective, and if you don't mind that type of lobster, you may enjoy it.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by Greensuz

Lsimon. You're talking about mdr, right?

Yes, I was talking about the MDR. The menu in Muranos and the other specialty restaurants does not change and will be the same every night of your cruise. So I'd generally prefer to eat in the MDR on formal nights when the menu is at its best, even if you don't want lobster, and save the Specialty restaurants for nights when the MDR menu isn't quite so nice. But at the same time the specialty restaurants are very nice and we've had a great time there on formal nights on some cruises.

Edited by Lsimon

Cheers.

Nick

It all depends what you like.

Cheers.

Nick

I think a great choice to dine in Murano's any night. The dining room may have a couple of "special" items on formal night, however none-compare with the service and food served in Murano. Murano is also very elegant which is truly a formal atmosphere. for a special evening.

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 1 month later...

We will be sailing the Silhouette in Nov. and I am thinking we will have to be booking the alternate dining rooms for the formal nights as both DH's involved will not pack a jacket. Have not sailed Celebrity in years, is it true that they adhere to the jacket rule in the select time dining room on formal nights?

Amazing cruise. Biggest let down was a waiter cooking our food (lobster) in Murano!! But great experience. Also, shows were ok but weak.

A fab ship and fab holiday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for coming back, not many people do that, glad you had a great trip.

A second thanks.

We will be sailing the Silhouette in Nov. and I am thinking we will have to be booking the alternate dining rooms for the formal nights as both DH's involved will not pack a jacket. Have not sailed Celebrity in years, is it true that they adhere to the jacket rule in the select time dining room on formal nights?

The MDR is still the MDR no matter which time you 'select' to dine. They will not need a jacket to dine in any of the other venues on formal evenings.

On our recent cruise, any man coming into the dining room on formal night without a jacket was handed one by the maitre'd. Told they could put it over their chair once they were seated, but must have it to walk through the dining room to their table.