Pictures of Royal Deluxe Balconies Obstructed View Forward E103-E109

Acosmo

I'm going to post pictures of the obstructed view, Deluxe Balconies on the side of the ship, Emerald Deck, with solid metal walls. We were booked in room E109 for our sailing but didn't check the Do Not Upgrade box. We were upgraded to M205 two days before sailing.

While on our cruise I snapped pictures of this set of balconies from our balcony. On the last day of our cruise, we took pictures of E103-E109 balconies to post here for others who may be curious about the size of these balconies. I do not have pictures of the rooms, they are standard balcony rooms, just the balconies.

The view from above, note that there is a doorway under these rooms. A CC member, johnmik1, who was in Room E115 on the TA sailing posted on CC that this is one of the crew's break areas and they congregate here to Skype and email creating some noise.

DSCN0060_zpsd38e2204.jpg

Another view of the crew only area:

DSCN0061_zps5e81faad.jpg

E103, not as many pics, this one taken through the closed door due to the downpour of water and cleaning fluid from window washers above. I think this balcony is still bigger than our mini-suite in M205.

E103DeluxBalcObstructedView_zps31360b2e.jpg

Edited by Acosmo

Thanks for the photos. We just booked E110 for our 20 day Caribbean cruise in April 2015. Hope the window washing doesn't take place too frequently. :eek:

Were you happy with the upgrade? We have requested a Meta upgrade only since we don't want to be moved to another Deluxe Balcony in a different location and smaller balcony.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

Thanks for the photos. We just booked E110 for our 20 day Caribbean cruise in April 2015. Hope the window washing doesn't take place too frequently. :eek:

Were you happy with the upgrade? We have requested a Meta upgrade only since we don't want to be moved to another Deluxe Balcony in a different location and smaller balcony.

Cheers, Denise

Glad you enjoyed the pics, and that balcony is going to be great for your trip! We loved the upgrade for the additional room in our cabin, especially since we didn't pay more for the mini-suite. ;) But our balcony in M205 was dinky, I kept looking down at the balcony on E109 and wishing we had that space!

Have a great time on your 20 day cruise, it sounds like the perfect amount of time on this ship!

Glad you enjoyed the pics, and that balcony is going to be great for your trip! We loved the upgrade for the additional room in our cabin, especially since we didn't pay more for the mini-suite. ;) But our balcony in M205 was dinky, I kept looking down at the balcony on E109 and wishing we had that space!

Have a great time on your 20 day cruise, it sounds like the perfect amount of time on this ship!

Thanks so much for confirming our decision!!! We have already spent 19 days on the Royal and can't wait to cruise on her again! We wanted to be forward for quick access to the retreat pool. The bigger balcony will be a bonus. We always seem to be standing when we sail in and out of ports , so the obstruction is not an issue.

Thanks again!

Denise

I'm going to post pictures of the obstructed view, Deluxe Balconies on the side of the ship, Emerald Deck, with solid metal walls. We were booked in room E109 for our sailing but didn't check the Do Not Upgrade box. We were upgraded to M205 two days before sailing.

While on our cruise I snapped pictures of this set of balconies from our balcony. On the last day of our cruise, we took pictures of E103-E109 balconies to post here for others who may be curious about the size of these balconies. I do not have pictures of the rooms, they are standard balcony rooms, just the balconies.

The view from above, note that there is a doorway under these rooms. A CC member, johnmik1, who was in Room E115 on the TA sailing posted on CC that this is one of the crew's break areas and they congregate here to Skype and email creating some noise.

DSCN0060_zpsd38e2204.jpg

Another view of the crew only area:

DSCN0061_zps5e81faad.jpg

Here is a pic from E115 leaving port in Italy!

image.jpg.049be4907fa552a0492c1324167569ba.jpg

I thought I knew everything. Maybe I need to go to upgrade school and not be afraid to mark the box that would allow a room change without notice.

CAPT P, the upgrade to a mini-suite was a total surprise. :D We Planned on a big balcony and ended up with a big room. The bathtub was the highlight. But we booked the big balcony on purpose, and loved that mini-suite instead. :p

I thought I knew everything. Maybe I need to go to upgrade school and not be afraid to mark the box that would allow a room change without notice.

If I am using the correct word :eek: it is an upgrade from one type of category to another. Example: inside to ocean view, ocean view to balcony.

We are in a deluxe balcony so our requested upgrade would only be to a mini suite. We are the lowest of deluxe balconies, so we could have been upgraded to many other cabins with smaller balconies.

Hope that explains a meta upgrade. :D

Cheers, Denise

The balconies on the very front of the ship are noted that they can only be used while in port. The cabins shown in this thread are on the side of the ship and don't have that restriction shown on the Princess site.

Cheers, Denise

What is a "Meta" upgrade?

Hope this explanation helps.

Meta upgrade is an upgrade from one type of cabin category to another. Example: inside to ocean view, ocean view to balcony.

We are in a deluxe balcony so our requested upgrade would only be to a mini suite. We are the lowest of deluxe balconies, so we could be upgraded to many other cabins with smaller balconies.

Hope that explains a meta upgrade. :D

Cheers, Denise

What is a "Meta" upgrade?

Some travel agency website said "DZ balconies can only be accessed while in port", is that true? Anyone have experience with these cabins?

Please see my recent thread discussing your very question, though it does pertain to forward facing balconies only.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1977490

Edited by emileg

Cheers, Denise

These cabins are the best kept secret on the ship. We were in E106 for the maiden trans atlantic and it was awesome. Booked the same cabin for the Royal in April and the Regal in Novemeber. You will be very pleased