Carnival cruise line recipe ceasar caressing

Angiem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone out there have a recipe for the ceasar dressing on Carnival? I found it online however it's metric and a huge batch? My husband loves this and I want to make it for him. Thanks Angie

It's not always possible to just cut down a recipe by dividing the ingredients by "x"--the scale of the recipe makes a difference. There are typically three kinds of Caesar dressing. The first is the "authentic" kind made with a coddled egg, and it must be made fresh every time. The second is basically like the first but either made without egg or with a pasteurized egg product and is more like a vinaigrette. The third is made using mayonnaise as a base, with flavoring ingredients to make it taste like a Caesar dressing, and it is a creamy dressing.

My suggestion is to take the ingredients you see listed in the recipe you found online and compare them to authentic/traditional recipes or my third suggestion, seeing which it matches best. Then start with a basic recipe and tinker, based on the proportions in the "big" recipe, until you get what you like.

My recipe that I use at home is not at all authentic, but we like it. It starts with approximately 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp. anchovy paste, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, juice of 1 small or 1/2 large lemon, 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon garlic powder (not garlic salt), several grinds of black pepper, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese. Stir all that together and refrigerate overnight before using. This makes enough for several salads--toss the desired amount with chopped or torn Romaine lettuce and garnish with croutons and/or cut up tomatoes as desired. As with all such recipes, you can add more or less of the ingredients to taste, especially the anchovy paste.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Sorry folks but a genuine Caesar salad has no mayonnaise. The original, created by a hotel chef in Baja CA in the 1920's has only egg, romaine, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and anchovy filets. You may be able to get the recipe by searching the internet for the recipe as recorded by the California Culinary Academy.

If you must have mayo in something called Caesar dressing, look for the recipe used by Frankies' Sputino on Court Street in Brooklyn. It's delicious. But, it is not really Caesar dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is an order of ingredients (both amounts and timing and method of prep/introduction) that makes the correct ratio of individual items taste far better than mayo. This is why most restaurant table side preparations of Caesar salad is such a pleasure to behold and to taste. Same thing goes for fresh garlic vs garlic powder and anchovy filets vs paste (yuch!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is from their recipe book: 2 egg yolks, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. white vinegar, 1 tsp. chopped anchovy fillet , 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 1 cup vegetable oil . blend all dressing ingredients except oil. blend on high speed 1 minute.with blender running slowly add oil blend until thickened. chill . on the salad put 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese along with croutons if desired. you might use the anchovy paste instead of the anchovies.