Switching to solo

Cardinal Cruiser

Currently booked double occupancy on RCCL @ $500pp. If i were to switch to single, would the single supplement be added to the rate I booked at? OR.... would they price it more like a new booking and add the supplement to the current rate posted ($1200)?:eek:

Wanted to ask before I called RCCL and change something I wouldn't be able to change back.

Of course. Spend some time at various discount agencies also.Add ons can vary. once called a big discount cruise only agency for a solo quote. Called back next day to book. Agent called Celebrity. Solo quote $100 less the second time.

Currently booked double occupancy on RCCL @ $500pp. If i were to switch to single, would the single supplement be added to the rate I booked at? OR.... would they price it more like a new booking and add the supplement to the current rate posted ($1200)?:eek:

Wanted to ask before I called RCCL and change something I wouldn't be able to change back.

Hi,:) normally with Royal, it is double....so if there is a cruise that is

500.00 per person? It would cost you 1000.00 (less the port charges)

you would only pay those for 1 person.

If you are looking at a cruise that is 1200.00 per person? Then

it would be 2400.00......less the port charges........not sure what

you are looking at though and sometimes they do have lower

supplements...depending on the cruise.

Hi,:) normally with Royal, it is double....so if there is a cruise that is

500.00 per person? It would cost you 1000.00 (less the port charges)

you would only pay those for 1 person.

If you are looking at a cruise that is 1200.00 per person? Then

it would be 2400.00......less the port charges........not sure what

you are looking at though and sometimes they do have lower

supplements...depending on the cruise.

Thats where the question lies. When I originally booked it was $500pp. Now that i need to make the changes to the reservation, the price has skyrocketed to $1200pp.

Thats where the question lies. When I originally booked it was $500pp. Now that i need to make the changes to the reservation, the price has skyrocketed to $1200pp.

WOW....the price went up 700.00 per person?:eek: yikes....they must

be close to a sellout.....normally prices go down if there are lots of

cabins available.

Not knowing what the change is all about....but...if the change is a change of status..meaning that you are booked with someone, and now that someone is not going....and you will be alone in the cabin...I wouldn't change anything.

From what I've read....if your 'cabin mate' does not show up...it's simply put down as a 'no show'. At the point of leaving on the cruise, the cabin mate has paid....so if I were you....just pay for both you and your (ex) cabin mate....and save alot of money. The cruise line doesn't care who pays the fare... You do run the risk of that person actually showing up with a paid ticket..but if it's a friendly split....then just agree to pay for him/her....you'll need his/her passport number and other API information.

If it's not a friendly split...then you really have no choice but to cancel and rebook, paying the much higher price.

Hope that helps.

You could always try contacting them and saying your companion may not be able to go and what would be the impact price wise if that were to be the case. This would let you know what would happen without you having to formally commit either way.

If you can get the solo proce based on original booking that would be the better option as you would get a supplement charged no doubt but wouldn't be paying 2 sets of port fees.

Last yr, I booked RCCL at a low single supplement, 18%above the single interior rate. Then, my cousin joined me and both out rates went down to the per person rate (no supplement).

This year, I booked a cruise with the same cousin who back out before final payment. I was told my rate would go up to the full cabin price, 200%, what solos often pay. So, I canceled my cruise and booked the NCL Getaway, a brand new ship with studio cabins. NCL has become my back up cruise line because I refuse to pay 200% as a solo cruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app