Sochi Fantail

bubbyden

Am I the only one who saw a Carnival Fantail moored at the dock in the overhead shots during the opening ceremonies of the Sochi Olympics? I've not found anywhere online that there may be a Carnival ship in the Black Sea. Wondering if it is an older ship now sailing under a different company/name. Can anyone shed any light?

The Grand Holiday from Carnival Corp's Iberocruceros (formerly Carnival's Holiday) is currently being used as a hotel in Sochi and its docked there.

Thanks for the picture! Doesn't look like she's been "transformed":confused::confused:

On the contrary. Holiday underwent a four month refurb and came out nearly unrecognizable, except for the whale tail funnel that remains. It's ultra Euro chic now. Too bad Carnival didn't see fit to do this while they had her and keep her in the fleet.

Aww holiday was my first ship. So glad to see she is stilla round. Even if she's with another line :)

Kathy

Not only is she still around, but she's better than ever. She was completely redone in modern, muted decor, somewhat mimicking the decor on the Breeze. Look up some photos online. She's definitely an attractive ship.

Probably her water is safer to drink:

1391640179000-BfmfjoTCMAAMPy0.jpg

My hotel has no water. If restored, the front desk says, "do not use on your face because it contains something very dangerous." #Sochi2014

— Stacy St. Clair (@StacyStClair) February 4, 2014

Water restored, sorta. On the bright side, I now know what very dangerous face water looks like. #Sochi#unfilteredpic.twitter.com/sQWM0vYtyz

— Stacy St. Clair (@StacyStClair) February 4, 2014

Not only is she still around, but she's better than ever. She was completely redone in modern, muted decor, somewhat mimicking the decor on the Breeze. Look up some photos online. She's definitely an attractive ship.

i agree. that's a gorgeous 'little' ship right now. they oughta do something similar to a few ships still in the fleet.

but regardless, i just want to say that this feedback among most of all of yours, is spot on. you're an asset to this community, and i appreciate your take on all matters as it's always well measured and for the most part factual, or subjectively well balanced regardless. kudos to you.