suites-onboard-amenities-040413.jpg

Mini-Suites

mini-suite-onboard-amenities-040413.jpg

Balcony

balcony-onboard-amenities-040413.jpg

Oceanview/Interior/Studio

oceanview-onboard-amenities-040413.jpg

PICK YOUR ROOM, GET THE PERKS.

This Valentine's Day, enjoy up to $270 in onboard perks when you book any Norwegian cruise of 5 days or more. From decadent chocolate covered strawberries and dinner for two at one of our specialty restaurants to a fabulous $50 spa credit, there are plenty of opportunities to see the sparks fly. Pick your room, get your perk. We'll handle the rest.

Note: They base any new promos on the CURRENT price of your stateroom. You need to decide if it is worth the price to have the promo added.

Does anyone know if you have OBC, would you lose that also if you added this promo? I plan on calling today to find this out as general info. I do, however, have a TA and would need to have her call them to get this added.

Thanks, Sue

Note: They base any new promos on the CURRENT price of your stateroom. You need to decide if it is worth the price to have the promo added.

Does anyone know if you have OBC, would you lose that also if you added this promo? I plan on calling today to find this out as general info. I do, however, have a TA and would need to have her call them to get this added.

Thanks, Sue

UPDATE: I called and got through to NCL! My mini-suite was booked at 2379.00 (current price is 2479.00) and received $70 OBC, totaling $220.00. I would lose OBC and the stateroom savings. It obviously would NOT be to my advantage to cancel this and re-book the Valentine special. Thought this would be helpful for newbies to know this.

However, on our future Alaskan cruise in 2015, I added this special since I was still able to keep the AARP discount.

Sue

UPDATE: I called and got through to NCL! My mini-suite was booked at 2379.00 (current price is 2479.00) and received $70 OBC, totaling $220.00. I would lose OBC and the stateroom savings. It obviously would NOT be to my advantage to cancel this and re-book the Valentine special. Thought this would be helpful for newbies to know this.

However, on our future Alaskan cruise in 2015, I added this special since I was still able to keep the AARP discount.

Sue

Thanks for the update. I will take a look at it too but will probably have the same results since we are a few days past final payment.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The price of my sailing had actually gone down $100pp and I was able to rebook at the lower fare, keep my cabin, my AmEx OBC and get this promo added. Thanks again for the heads up :)

That's awesome! If I helped one person, it made my day :)

Hi all. I need some assistance in figuring out whether I should change/re-book my 2015 Pearl Alaska cruise to include this promo. Here's the scoop...I have an OS and a penthouse suite booked, both of which include $300 OBC (so $600 total). The cruise price hasn't changed at all since I booked so re-booking won't save any $ in that regard. My PCC said he can change the rooms to include the promo and $150 OBC for each cabin.

Should I re-book and get the promo with a combined $375 OBC, or keep things as they are with the $600 combined OBC? Also, is there a chance that in the process of re-booking we could lose our cabins? They are right next to each other, which means a lot to us.

Thanks for helping me think this through!:)

Under the circumstances you described I would say no because you would lose some of your OBC. I am assuming the $300 OBC you have is for booking a suite 9 months in advance? Well my cruise is for August 2014 and I had a $300 OBC for booking a suite with my AmEx. This promo is still active. I was able to rebook and keep the AmEx OBC and combine with the new promo and I didn't lose my cabin. Would you be able to rebook with an AmEx and do the same? If your PCC says no I would question it as I just did it a couple of hours ago.

Hi Tymike, since you already have $300 OBC per suite, if you change to this promotion you would lose half the OBC (or $150 OBC per suite). The promotion includes dinner for two at Cagney's ($60 value) and dinner for two at La Cucina ($30 value), for total dining value of $90. That takes you from $150 to $240 "OBC" per suite. Then they give you $50 spa credit, which takes you to $290 "OBC" each. The chocolate covered strawberries and bottle of wine would be worth much more than the remaining $10 needed to take you from the $290 to the original $300 OBC that you started out with. So it seems like you would get the same "$300" OBC, just with a bit more in value in dining/spa/goodies. I guess it depends on if you want the full $300 OBC to spend as you wish, or to get a bit more OBC value in pre-determined specialty dining, spa credit, and wine/strawberries.

Hi all. I need some assistance in figuring out whether I should change/re-book my 2015 Pearl Alaska cruise to include this promo. Here's the scoop...I have an OS and a penthouse suite booked, both of which include $300 OBC (so $600 total). The cruise price hasn't changed at all since I booked so re-booking won't save any $ in that regard. My PCC said he can change the rooms to include the promo and $150 OBC for each cabin.

Should I re-book and get the promo with a combined $375 OBC, or keep things as they are with the $600 combined OBC? Also, is there a chance that in the process of re-booking we could lose our cabins? They are right next to each other, which means a lot to us.

Thanks for helping me think this through!:)

Stay the way you are $600 is great and you picked the cabins you want. We weren't able to do both anyway. This way you can use the credit where you want to. The wine is also not the best. We also do not do the two restaurants mentioned.

Edited by jjikids

Thanks so much RosieRoo and rocklinmom for your replies and for everyone's information on this thread!

Ok... I can't do math very well (for real!!) but the way I figured the numbers are as follows:

the promo breaks down to an overall value of $437 for the Haven OS (due to the added $75 OBC and Bistro) and $322 for the PH suite (no extra $75 and no Bistro). All in all...including the $150 OBC my PCC said would be added per cabin... the whole thing ends up being worth $759 as opposed to the $600 OBC I have now. Am I missing something, because I absolutely could be! Is there a different way to do the numbers? I estimated $12 for the strawberries and $20 for the bottle of wine.

Finally, is there a chance I could lose my cabins in the time it takes to re-book? I'm not sure I'm willing to chance that as we are perfectly located and next to each other.

Thanks again!!!!

I just got off the phone with my amazing PCC who informed me that included OBC for the OS was $225 (not $150) so adding the $75 for the promo brought me right back to $300! The PH suite has gone up in price...the NCL website doesn't somehow show prices for the SE..only the SF...so the $300 OBC without the promo stays for that room.

I am happy! I feel like for the OS I just got three dinners for two at the specialty restaurants, wine, strawberries, spa credit etc. for nothing lost! Works for me!

Lots of kudos to my PCC for helping me with thinking this through and many thanks to all of you for your information and input! :)

I booked 2 suites over 9 months in advance with $300 per cabin OBC. I called yesterday and could only get $150/225 per cabin (one Haven, one non Haven). I opted for the package only with the Haven cabin as it had the $75 so it ended up being equal to $300 OBC. It apparently wasn't able to be combined. Maybe the nine months out is no longer available?? We are still nine months out (more like way over a year!!) but we couldn't combine.