Tell me about Past Guest Party

Dixie24

I will be turning gold on my next cruise, but my friend who I will be cruising with will not. Am I allowed to bring a guest (so I don't have to go alone) ? Or is that a no-no?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Nice! Well, in that case, I have no idea when the party will be on a 13-day cruise, but your room steward will deliver the invite to you. The last couple of cruises, our towel animal was holding it.

Ours was the day after the first Elegant Night on our 7-day. Invites were on door hanger style papers. Tear off on the bottom that were presented at door to an employee.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

I will be turning gold on my next cruise, but my friend who I will be cruising with will not. Am I allowed to bring a guest (so I don't have to go alone) ? Or is that a no-no?

Only if you are sharing a cabin

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

We've always had pretty good "service" at the past guest party, but the last one on the Splendor in May we almost had to tackle a waiter to get a drink. I think I am going to bring some $ bills and take everyone's advice. But I don't know how you do this...does he come to you and you order a drink and put the $ on his tray, hand it to him outright, or palm it to him?

Servers kind of have their own rows to take care of. When they come to you initially, they will be setting down drinks for you. You can tip him/her then simply by handing it to them outright. They will not be expecting you to ask for anything different, as almost nobody does that. Since I'm not a drinker, I have no real preferences, and I like the Fun Ship special that they serve at the beginning, so I'm fine with that. On the Dream a few weeks ago, I looked all around, and I saw nobody with any drink that wasn't one of the standard drinks that they bring around. It does happen, but it's quite rare, so the server won't be expecting it. But feel free to ask, and the tip will help. I have been told that they cannot bring anything different many times, but other times, I have been able to get something different. So you never know.

Just don't sit down on a row that has people already sitting with drinks in front of them. There's a good chance that you might not get a drink for 20 minutes or longer. That happened to the people next to us on the Dream who sat down next to us just a few minutes after us, and we already had our first drink. Some people were aggressively grabbing their 3rd & 4th drinks off server's trays, even though they had just started drinking their 1st, so none were left for the people next to us. It's tough to know where the best spot is. I seem to always pick a bad one. But I carried my 3rd drink out with me, and it took me another 2 hours to finish it, as I was quite buzzed. One of my friends never finished her 2nd, because she was buzzed. The other friend never finished his 3rd. So they don't skimp on the alcohol, and even though I never got the 2nd "future" drink, I was very happy with that first Fun Ship special.

Edited by k2excursion

Have been to many of these parties and they are all the same. Nothing has really changed. That is not to say I won't go in the future. I laugh, clap and enjoy the goodies that mess up my supper that usually takes place in the next hour or so. It's a case of "been there and done that". So will see you at the next party. Save me a place.

Oh and I forgot. You get to buy a ticket for the "Cruise Raffle" and they give you 10 extra tickets if you buy 10 at the party. One of the goodies.

Edited by richfret

I didn't realize you could ASK for a different drink. Next time I'm asking for a mocha chocolate getaway! I had a Funship or whatever that drink is called and I didn't like it. Too strong for my taste! My favorite part is the clapping for the ships you have been on. At the end, people were asked to come on stage to get free champagne and it was basically a trick because they all had to do a line dance when they got up there and didn't get the free champagne. Here are a couple of pics from the VIFP party on the Conquest last month:

Here's the Funship drink and a hors d'oeuvre. I'm not sure what it was, but I ate it!

1521387_10152198698964721_726066797_n.jpg

Captain of the Conquest and senior officers:

1546335_10152198699214721_1537392045_n.jpg

Edited by lovestocruise19

We absolutely look forward to the new and improved party!!! Won't repeat what many have already said about the drinks and d'oeuvres (soooo improved). The only thing about the party that we don't like is the time the party is scheduled for - around 4:00pm or so - hard to get ready to "go to a party" - but we manage:D

We were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago and our Past Guest Party was on the last port day (Costa Maya) at 3-3:30! Needless to say we didn't make it!

We attend for the free drinks and appetizers. The party never changes, it's always the same - short clip of the fleet, band plays, captain speaks. I think the past guest party on Carnival is way better than Princess. It is a waste of time on Princess. At the end they give you a free drink coupon, no appetizers, actually no nothing.

Edited by elliair

Me and my boyfriend will be on Magic next year. I will be gold on the cruise, my boyfriend will still be red. With us both in the same cabin will the invite be for both of us or just me?

I followed a long thread that was quite the heated debate about this. Some say yes, the invite is for everyone in the cabin, others say no, the invite has only the eligible person's name on it.

Many people have asked at Customer service desk or the cruise director and were told they were allowed to bring someone along. Someone asked John Heald and he said yes you can. Others just brought the guest without asking and were allowed in.

However, apparently others have been told no or were not allowed.

Do you get invited if you're turning gold on said cruise?

If you're gold can you bring your cabin mate if they aren't gold?

Both have been answered already.

Yes.

And to the second one - it depends, in some cases yes, some cases no. See my answer on page 2.