Another Bad review for the Dream

Oh dear another bad review for the dream. What is going on? When I booked my cruise last year the reviews were glowing but now Im beginning to despair with these reports.

Surely Thomson must take note of complaints.

While Iam aware you will not please everyone and there will always be someone who is not happy, my concern is the bad reviews are getting more consistant.

I do hope this is just a blip and I am looking forward to reading some better reviews before my cruise in March:eek:

Oh dear another bad review for the dream. What is going on? When I booked my cruise last year the reviews were glowing but now Im beginning to despair with these reports.

Surely Thomson must take note of complaints.

While Iam aware you will not please everyone and there will always be someone who is not happy, my concern is the bad reviews are getting more consistant.

I do hope this is just a blip and I am looking forward to reading some better reviews before my cruise in March:eek:

I don't tend to read or write reviews, but after reading your post, I went over for a look at them as we have come back from Tropical Treasures/Latin Gems, and I am amazed. Read the first 3 reviews on there, and I want to copy/paste Swansong49's review as that is a fair and honest review and I could agree with everything said. (Would that be cheating? I could alter the islands to those we went to). The staff, crew and entertainment team make your holiday memorable.

The first two - well yes I can see where they are coming from on the all in. We wouldn't pay £900 for drinks for 2 weeks and drink what we want when we want for a fraction of that cost. The premium drinks remarks of cokes and John Smiths made me laugh. I have to agree with those comments. As to the ship - the Dream is wonderful. She is older and if you have been on a floating hotel before, she is different. The Butlins review, well I haven't been to Butlins for donkeys years so cannot compare, but we loved the food, the entertainment, the layout, the Lido, the Orion and had no problems at all in our 2 weeks. We had no sunbed problem, even on sea days as they were checking those being left with towels on, and I found a bed when I wanted one. Agree the sports deck could be used on sea days.

Go with the flow and have a great time.

Edited by gillhalfpint

yes the last couple of reviews dont look to good tbh.....but the remark 'its not what i expected' sez it all

the 'butlins at sea' review compares thoms to other lines (knew straight away that it wasn't going to be upto the standard we have experienced on other liners) well no, thomsons are older smaller ships, I dont think anyone goes on thomsosns and expects a b new huge mega liner? yes there are more glamorous lines out there and thoms dont pretend to be one of them

that is not thoms strenth, thoms strengths lie in the passenger demographics...the smaller village feel...the happy atmosphere, seamless flying and more ports of call.....just as long as you know what to expect, do your research and there is a lot a to like on thoms that is unique to thoms, dont expect a huge glass atrium, every kind of eatery you can imagine, zip lines, huge state of the art theatres etc etc...you will not find any of that on thoms, but you will get genuine smiling service from the crew who will bend over backwards to make your cruise special and you will be among lots of like minded fellow cruisers having a great holiday:cool:

even the captain was slated by this review...and he is just trying to engage and be freindly/approachable...capt torsten is not everyone’s cup of tea I agree but you can guarantee there are no pretensions there

like anything...there is always something to like (and possibly some things to not like?) its what you make it

also read what you will into this statement::(

‘excursions where a rip off too, we went for the glass bottom reef tour, we saw a couple of pretty fish and a load of brown coral for £74 very disappointed’

thomsons really should arrange for more fish to be there and to polish up the coral a bit:rolleyes:

Sometimes bad reviews are good !!! , nothiong worse than reading endless good reviews and then discovering its not quite lived up to the hype !!

If i had believed reviews i'd never have sailed on the old Thomson Destiny , but i did and loved every minute of it , go with an open mind and enjoy it , don't laden yourself with worry over someone elses opinion , it may the opposite of what you think :)

Sometimes bad reviews are good !!! , nothiong worse than reading endless good reviews and then discovering its not quite lived up to the hype !!

If i had believed reviews i'd never have sailed on the old Thomson Destiny , but i did and loved every minute of it , go with an open mind and enjoy it , don't laden yourself with worry over someone elses opinion , it may the opposite of what you think :)

Exactly. I am quite happy to comment on here or facebook as to how much I loved the Dream, but I don't do or read reviews as a matter of course. In the same way the police ask for a description of a villain and get many different versions of the same person, so every passenger can see their cruise in a different way depending on their personal expectations.

Go with an open mind and have a brilliant time I say.

Yes I know what to expect from Thomsons. This is my 9th cruise with them. I have already sailed on the Destiny to a similar caribbean itinerary but it was in 2009

I always loved the camaraderie between the staff and passengers and thought the food and drinks were great and felt really spoilt.

However the last cruise I was on was the Majesty in 2012, doing the Venice Itinerary and while the places were wonderful, I could really notice the cuts being made especially in the dining room.

That was the first time I ever noticed an extra charge for steak in the main dining room when it was free before. The waiters were not on the ball as they had been previously(not their fault just staff cuts). No more Midnight feast, which was truly a vision, the chefs displayed their artistic talents in the fruit and chocolate carvings.

I also notice now that I can not get a can of coke on my AI package.I prefer cans as draught usually goes flat very quickly. I dont really drink alcohol in the day so like a can of juice to drink but not if I have to pay on top of the hefty £400 package. Oh well I guess its what you make it.

I appreciate all the wisdom from cruisers on here who have been andI can always rely on tips and advice. Cheers guys

Edited by BIGMANTAM

The problem with that happy is it can be flat also having come from a pre opened can thats been sitting behind the bar.Happened to me a couple of times and asked them to replace with a fresh glass which wasn`t a problem

I had several glasses of flat coke/more ice than coke/alcohol in coke to name a few, as well as dirty glasses:eek:. They were all sent back, especially the alcohol in coke as I took a large gulp after arriving on deck extremely thirsty and promptly brought it back up again. I don't drink any form of alcohol and knew immediately. Not nice.:eek: I actually got a full can when the waiter returned.;) On Island Escape in October they were serving from bottles but the top was not always replaced after they had filled a glass.

I rarely read reviews but decided to see what it was all about as we are due to go on the Dream for the first time in April for four weeks. Took it all with a pinch of salt as we have cruised with Thomson for so long that we know what to expect. In 25 years we have only had one cruise that disappointingly did not come up to scratch. Yes, standards and service have dropped but we still go. We only use the ship to get from port to port then spend most of our days on shore from docking to sailing.:)

i wish these posts had a "like" button, cos i love geos comment about the fish!

Anyway, all i can say is if you go looking for things to criticise, then your a very sad person who is wasting their money!

like like like like!

"As we started to board the guests who were leaving as we were arriving looked miserable."

This might just be me, but that couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they were heading back home that day could it? ;)

Well I bet I will be leaving with a very miserable look on my face.....because I don't want to leave the ship! :D. I know....get back to the packing! :):D

Can you hurry back so I can go please? :D

Seriously, hope you have a brilliant time :)

Thank you, but I'm hoping the next 2 weeks last for ever. Lol. Just having a practise pack and only have 17kg in big case. What have I forgotten? I must try harder to make 19.5kg. :)

I am practising using my iPhone to use in port and it's not easy with a small screen. :eek:

Thank you, but I'm hoping the next 2 weeks last for ever. Lol. Just having a practise pack and only have 17kg in big case. What have I forgotten? I must try harder to make 19.5kg. :)

I am practising using my iPhone to use in port and it's not easy with a small screen. :eek:

You may need the little bit of space for bringing something back. I bought a couple of dresses.

You may need the little bit of space for bringing something back. I bought a couple of dresses.

That's true Gill.

Gill or Shirley. Can you remember what time the Dream left Bridgetown and what time the Sailaway party was? Oh, and when the lifeboat drill was. I'm just trying to work out if we have time to eat in the MDR or to go for a quick Buffet.

That's true Gill.

Gill or Shirley. Can you remember what time the Dream left Bridgetown and what time the Sailaway party was? Oh, and when the lifeboat drill was. I'm just trying to work out if we have time to eat in the MDR or to go for a quick Buffet.

Left Bridgetown around 20.00. We ate in the buffet as when we got sorted on board. I think the drill was around 19.30. Party started around 21.30 if I remember right without finding my cruise news but we went to Killer Queen then dashed to MDR for a meal before they closed.