Guarantee cabin/luggage tags

kak8jr

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I haven't found anything on it. We booked a guarantee balcony for a cruise in 17 days on the Triumph. My booking still shows TBA, so I haven't printed any luggage tags yet. Will I be assigned a cabin before the sail date that will be reflected on my luggage tags?? Never done a guarantee before.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I haven't found anything on it. We booked a guarantee balcony for a cruise in 17 days on the Triumph. My booking still shows TBA, so I haven't printed any luggage tags yet. Will I be assigned a cabin before the sail date that will be reflected on my luggage tags?? Never done a guarantee before.

WOW, thanks for asking that question. I just booked a Pack N Go Triumph cruise a few minutes ago and let Carnival pick my cabin :insert scared smiley here:. This is a first for me because I am real anal about cabin placement - to the point that that is how I decide when I sail as to what cabin I can get. But I'm trying new things.....LOL! I didn't even think about the fact I wouldn't have a cabin number on my luggage tag. And I printed them!! Must be tired.

I am going to try and bring only carry ons (HA) but if that does not work and I need to check a bag do I ask the porter about my cabin number if it has not showed up before leaving? I wouldn't have thought they had that info but the next person you see is when you go inside.

Sorry for barging in on your question......:o

Its ok!! Your not barging! I'm still curious too as to how my checked bags will find me if theres no cabin number on them when I give them to a porter.:confused:

I have a big fat TBA right now too! I've heard they have a list and if you still don't know by the time you leave (from wherever) day of they will know, look you up right there curbside and fill out blank tags for you. Never experienced this myself, but that's what has been said. I'm hoping that I won't get an assignment and when we show up at the port, they'll be like "oh, we ran out of OV so we had to upgrade you"... -sigh- a girl can dream:o:rolleyes:

Its ok!! Your not barging! I'm still curious too as to how my checked bags will find me if theres no cabin number on them when I give them to a porter.:confused:

The porter will have a MANIFEST of every passenger on the ship. He'll know what cabin you have and mark you luggage tag appropriately. Sometimes there are last minute changes to your cabin assignment and HE WILL HAVE THEM.

Edited by glrounds

Thanks Gary! Didn't know the porters had that kind of info.

If one doesn't for some reason tell him you want to speak to the one that has the SHIP MANIFEST. I'm spoiled, maybe, as Long Beach has a desk where the "main" porter holds the manifest and it's easy to find out. Check with Carnival's website just before you leave and you may then find out what cabin assignment you have even if you don't have time to print the tags up. Under no circumstances let a porter take your luggage without them being properly tagged.

Incidentally, I always print my name, the ship, the cruise date on a large thick piece of cardboard (I use the cardboard put in folded shirts) and place it on the top of all of my clothes in my luggage. Just in case. If I know my cabin# I put that on it also.:)

At the end of the cruise, I cross that out, and already have the other side with my name, cell number, e-mail addy and home address on it. Again, just in case.:D

Edited by glrounds