SeaWalk or Seaview Bar

Av8tor

If it were me, I'd book a cabin under the SeaView Bar. A little more privacy just in case there are any looky-loos, not that it seemed to be so much a problem that I've read for those under SeaWalk.

I'd also probably take into consideration the substantial overhang created by the flooring of the SeaView Bar, and whether that is a 'plus' or 'minus' for you. Maybe you prefer not to be directly under it and in a cabin a few decks down so that the sunshine actually hits you balcony.

:D

If it were me, I'd book a cabin under the SeaView Bar. A little more privacy just in case there are any looky-loos, not that it seemed to be so much a problem that I've read for those under SeaWalk.

I'd also probably take into consideration the substantial overhang created by the flooring of the SeaView Bar, and whether that is a 'plus' or 'minus' for you. Maybe you prefer not to be directly under it and in a cabin a few decks down so that the sunshine actually hits you balcony.

Any issues with the lighting from either?

Any issues with the lighting from either?

In all the reviews I've read I can't remember it being mentioned as a 'negative', and there was one review that mentioned that the couple enjoyed sitting out there at night with the blue lighting enveloping their balcony as they enjoyed the sounds of the ocean. I also believe that those cabins have 'room-darkening' drapes.

However, I'd probably opt for a lower deck since the intensity of the blue lighting lessens.

11459739054_d62ae82008_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

We are in cabin A429 are we under the Seawalk or Seaview bar? And will the overhang cover the balcony?

Thanks for any information you can give us.

We are in cabin A429 are we under the Seawalk or Seaview bar? And will the overhang cover the balcony?

Thanks for any information you can give us.

You are under the SeaWalk. Here is your balcony as seen from the port side Promenade Deck sitting area...

12690461244_93561f0dfa_z.jpg

...and from a different angle...

12690217353_accf5f2a61_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

You are under the SeaWalk. Here is your balcony as seen from the port side Promenade Deck sitting area...

12690461244_93561f0dfa_z.jpg

...and from a different angle...

12690217353_accf5f2a61_b.jpg

Thanks, so much for the information. I don't know what we would do with out you!

As a general comment, from my observation, while cabin balconies were somewhat visible through the glass in the floor of the SkyWalk and the "bump out" behind the SeaView Bar, that was relatively limited.

The real issue, from a privacy perspective, was the gap between the side of the ship and the SkyWalk, from which there was a pretty clear view not only onto balconies but into cabins through the glass balcony doors. On the port side, there is no similar gap as the space is occupied by the actual SeaView Bar itself. For that reason, if a cruiser is concerned about privacy, I would personally recommend steering clear of the starboard side cabins directly beneath the SkyWalk and opt for the SeaView Bar.

And, as others have mentioned, the visibility issue does seem to diminish toward the lower decks. Finally, when we were aboard the Royal, I was a bit surprised that I never heard anyone complain about the blue light and did hear 2 couples discussing how they actually enjoyed it. But, it was clear that the light did illuminate balconies on the upper decks. The picture posted above is a very good guide.

Hope that helps.

Here are views looking up from the port side promenade deck sitting area. You can see how the highest deck just under the SeaView Bar (Marina Deck) would have the overhang to consider, as well as the overhang from the rest of the Lido Deck for the other cabins on that same deck.

11208852566_f012a83be0_c.jpg

11208851966_c5f975050a_c.jpg

11208851976_fa4fbcf023_c.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I can see why the mini-suites on Marina and Riviera decks under the Seaview bar are not selling well for our cruise on the Regal. I don't think I'd like that big overhang unless I was well below it...