What to do in KW w/limited hours and two young children

annp

We will only be docked there from 8am until 2pm, and will have our 4 and 7 year old with us (not that they can't stay on the ship at the Fun factory this day).

What can we do during these hours? A fund place to eat lunch (good food and yummy drinks?!)? Any excursion the kids would like?

Suggestions please!!

I highly recommend the Butterfly Conservatory...its at the upper end of Duval Street. If your kids like cats, you might want to consider a visiit to Hemingway's house, you get history, they get to play with cats. I have never been but I think the Historium is set up to enterain kids....it explores the history of the wreckers here in KW...again, not sure about it but it might be a possiblity.

For lunch there is really nothing at that ennd of town that I would recommend for kids. Though the best icecream is nearby at Flamingo Crossing. I would consider either BillyFish pier...its on the water at the end of Duval closest to where your ship will be docked. If Libby is there ask for her to make you a pina colada from scratch...ifshe is not, the ones from the machine are good too. They serve a bunch of lunchtime goodies. Its outside, big side and right on the water so the kids could have some freedom. Antoher choice would be the conch republic down near the Key West bight. Its a big noisy place and they usually have steel drums or somebody playing something. If you go here, go across the street to Kermits and get you and them a frozen chocolate covered piece of key lime pie on a stick....yummy! Kermits is on the corner of Elizabeth and Greene.

have a fun visit

Clay - a key west local

Archived