Food at the Cirque (Breakaway) and Magic (Getaway)

CruisingPiper

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I were on the inagural transatlantic sailing of the Breakaway lasat year, and our only disspointment was the food at the Cirque show which was held in the special theater (I can't remember the name of the theater). Although the show was great, the food was terrible. . . . worse than the banquet food you would get at an industry conference and not on par with anything we have experienced from NCL in the past.

We are contemplating the magic show on the Getaway, but would like to hear a review on the food offering now that both ships have been sailing for a while. I keep wondering if our experience was an outlier because this type of the event was new to NCL. Maybe things just weren't firing correctly on that first sailing.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just got off the Breakaway and attended the Cirque show. I wouldn't day the food was terrible, but it wasn't anything special. The show, however, was spectacular and I think much of the food served web tun eaten because people were too wrapped up in the performance to stop and eat. I don't know about the food on Getaway, but assuming it is the same, I would go for the show and plan on eating dinner elsewhere that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I keep wondering if our experience was an outlier because this type of the event was new to NCL. Maybe things just weren't firing correctly on that first sailing.

That wouldn't have been the reason, because it wasn't new to NCL. They've been doing it on the Epic for years.

I've never eaten in there, but it appears to me that the food there generally doesn't get great reviews. However, I have had people well me it was good (including on the Breakaway Transatlantic, so make of that what you will).

I just got off the Breakaway and attended the Cirque show. I wouldn't day the food was terrible, but it wasn't anything special. The show, however, was spectacular and I think much of the food served web tun eaten because people were too wrapped up in the performance to stop and eat. I don't know about the food on Getaway, but assuming it is the same, I would go for the show and plan on eating dinner elsewhere that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm thinking of seeing this show I've heard of premium seating how much is this, where can I buy premium seats, and where are the seats located..Thanks!

I'm thinking of seeing this show I've heard of premium seating how much is this, where can I buy premium seats, and where are the seats located..Thanks!

I believe that you are on the Breakaway. There's no premium seating for this show on that ship.

Edited by KweezyCruiser