Now is the time to be concerned...

baggal

If they are going to go with more sea days, then I am going to cancel my cruise. I am going July 12 on the Star. I started this in motion almost 2 years ago. What a disappointment! I can deal with other ports instead of SPB, but I do NOT want to spend any more time at sea. I get seasick and I don't like cruises. I would have to rework everything. To me it is a waste of money to spend half of the week trapped on the ship. I booked a cruise because it seemed the most economical way to see the area.

If there is a problem the cruise lines will substitute SPB for different ports

The cruise will go someplace so unless you are not in the penalty phase & cancel or have insurance to cancel for any reason you will lose your money

Just depends do read the fine print if you have trip cancellation insurance before you act

Edited by LHT28

If they are going to go with more sea days, then I am going to cancel my cruise. I am going July 12 on the Star. I started this in motion almost 2 years ago. What a disappointment! I can deal with other ports instead of SPB, but I do NOT want to spend any more time at sea. I get seasick and I don't like cruises. I would have to rework everything. To me it is a waste of money to spend half of the week trapped on the ship. I booked a cruise because it seemed the most economical way to see the area.

Yea, I was originally thinking "go with the flow" but I hate sea days as well. I'm not paying all that money for two extra sea days. I purposely cruise in Europe for the port intensive itinerary.

I'm locked in with flights (unfortunately United charges for date changes with award flights)....so if this doesn't happen then we're renting a car and driving around England and Wales.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To say that I don't like cruises was too strong a statement. What I meant is that if I am going to be at sea for half of the cruise, then I could be anyplace at sea. I want to see Europe so to me, 4 days at sea would be overkill. So far I have not seen any cancellations. They don't want to start a war so they are treading lightly.

We were on the Infinity in South America. A pricey vacation. And we missed 2 ports, so visited only 4 ports in 14 days (not counting departing and arriving). We all said we could have gone on a cheap transatlantic cruise.

I would not want to repeat the experience. We already paid over $3000 for our air and they would keep $600 if we cancel.

This cruise is the most expensive one we have ever booked ( and we have cruised A LOT) and would not be a happy cruiser if we had to cancel.

This is also our most expensive (we just cruised in an owners suite for less than this balcony). I don't mind cruising as it allows me to get a quick taste of an area and decide whether to return for a longer vacation. For me, this is the easiest way to see this region.

It would cost us about the same amount to refund our miles. But then I would be trying to figure out how to get to this area next summer.

Wait and see is all we can do.

This is also our most expensive (we just cruised in an owners suite for less than this balcony). I don't mind cruising as it allows me to get a quick taste of an area and decide whether to return for a longer vacation. For me, this is the easiest way to see this region.

It would cost us about the same amount to refund our miles. But then I would be trying to figure out how to get to this area next summer.

Wait and see is all we can do.

Sea...it seems you are really stressed about not getting to St. Petersburg. Perhaps it might help to contact your tour provider (Alla or other)

for some reassurance.

I really believe there is less likelihood of any cancellations due to the political situation, then there is with people getting carried away and cancelling cruises, causing cruise lines have to make major adjustments to maintain profitability. Even that is a very remote possibility - as you said these are pricey cruises - they have a lot of wiggle room to keep these itineraries profitable.

Sea...it seems you are really stressed about not getting to St. Petersburg. Perhaps it might help to contact your tour provider (Alla or other)

for some reassurance.

I really believe there is less likelihood of any cancellations due to the political situation, then there is with people getting carried away and cancelling cruises, causing cruise lines have to make major adjustments to maintain profitability. Even that is a very remote possibility - as you said these are pricey cruises - they have a lot of wiggle room to keep these itineraries profitable.

Nah, I'm not really stressed out about it. Mostly just making conversation. It's a vacation....so whatever ends up happening (cruise or land trip) will end up being great.

I don't think the tour operators know anything more than the cruise lines do about whether the cruises will stop there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app