Irie Blue Hole and Children

CanWeGoYet

Hello All,

I was really hoping to do the Blue Hole with my family when we are there in April. My daughter is 5; she is as strong a swimmer as a five year old can be. She has been swimming in the deep end independently since she was three.

My question is, would the Blue Hole be appropriate for her?

Thanks in advance!

Does she jump off the diving boards? You jump in the water and some are about 4 ft up. There is also a current in the water. We just got back with my 6 y/o son and 11 y/o daughter and they loved it. I stayed in the water when my son jumped in and only let him do the smaller jumps. He did fine and did not need help, but it was for my peace of mind. You can also bring a life jacket. I did see some kids in them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a lot of cliff jumping for older kids and teens. One jump is off of a large waterfall. In my opinion, it is a high adventure activity for teens and older who are in good physical shape and who are risk-takers. I jumped in a couple of times and hiked along the waterfall, but I opted not to do most of the jumps. My husband (who is in top shape) wouldn't jump in at all. It wouldn't have been worth the time it takes to get there (1 1/2 hours from Falmouth) if it had just been my husband and me. By the way, it was the highlight of the whole cruise for my teens.