Dresses - question for the ladies

Any idea where I can buy some nice reasonably priced dresses both for during the day and to wear in the evening on my cruise in May? I have been wearing the same ones for the last 3 years but we ladies like a change - don't we?

I had a hysterectomy last May and am feeling a bit down since my summer clothes no longer fit. I have tried dieting and always have been slim but realise I may have to move up a size. The thought of going to a changing room just scares me at the moment. I've always been lucky and just gone into M & S ,and bought clothes knowing they always fit. They don't seem to have much on offer at the moment.

Any idea where I can buy some nice reasonably priced dresses both for during the day and to wear in the evening on my cruise in May? I have been wearing the same ones for the last 3 years but we ladies like a change - don't we?

I had a hysterectomy last May and am feeling a bit down since my summer clothes no longer fit. I have tried dieting and always have been slim but realise I may have to move up a size. The thought of going to a changing room just scares me at the moment. I've always been lucky and just gone into M & S ,and bought clothes knowing they always fit. They don't seem to have much on offer at the moment.

I used to like M&S for day time dresses but they have not been so good the last couple of years and I am struggling in that area too.

I usually get my smarter dresses from Frasers, John Lewis or Debenhams.

Roman Originals do lots of nice cruise type evening wear.

I quite like some of the Country Casuals - similar in design and fabrics to Linda's Roman one (love those colours). I find I take a smaller size in CC than M&S which is always very satisfying! ;)

And I never worry about this year's designs. I'm quite happy to buy from last year's range in the sale and you can get some good reductions too. My friend bought three online (she wanted something for a wedding) and decided none were suitable and just took them back to a local store for a refund which I hadn't realised you could do - so that's useful.

Happy hunting! :)

Debenhams have a sale on at the moment, some nice dresses available on line and some at 50% off too. Another non vote for M&S recently, what has gone wring?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a look at justlastseason.co.uk or there may be a store near you. Not used them yet as trying to lose weight for our next cruise in June. Another non vote for m&s

Sue

Edited by oesd31
add more text

I've just discovered fiftyplus,,I quite like some of their stuff but usually I'm an Evans girl due to my various curves! Yesterday I googled "cruisewear" and got lots of good results but can't remember them!

Try M & Co- they have stores in some towns but it's easy to buy on line.

The dresses are easy to pack fabrics and suitable for day or evening wear. They are quite accommodating to tummies too!

As for Marks & Spencer- they have lost the plot. Although I like some of the Per Una range,I don't think I will ever be old enough to 'like' some of the drab prints and awful 'far too short' sleeves they insist on presenting us with!

Flopsy

Edited by Flopsy

Try M & Co- they have stores in some towns but it's easy to buy on line.

The dresses are easy to pack fabrics and suitable for day or evening wear. They are quite accommodating to tummies too!

As for Marks & Spencer- they have lost the plot. Although I like some of the Per Una range,I don't think I will ever be old enough to 'like' some of the drab prints and awful 'far too short' sleeves they insist on presenting us with!

Flopsy

Hello Flopsy - haven't seen you on here for a while; maybe I have just missed your posts but hope you are keeping well. Have you any cruise plans for this year?

Hello Flopsy - haven't seen you on here for a while; maybe I have just missed your posts but hope you are keeping well. Have you any cruise plans for this year?

Hi Jules

Yes I still look every few days, usually at work on Tues and Thurs as home computer is soooo slow!

Booked two this year- 2 May Adriatic Explorer (7+3 cruise n stay) on Majesty, and 1 Nov Spanish Escapes (5 nights) on Dream.

Addictive this cruising isn't it lol.

Flopsy

Hi Jules

Yes I still look every few days, usually at work on Tues and Thurs as home computer is soooo slow!

Booked two this year- 2 May Adriatic Explorer (7+3 cruise n stay) on Majesty, and 1 Nov Spanish Escapes (5 nights) on Dream.

Addictive this cruising isn't it lol.

Flopsy

Lovely - I know you like the Adriatic ;) You helped me with lots of tips before we went on ours there in 2010! We are doing the Dream for the first time in August & I have also booked with a friend to try a 1 night with Fred Olsen sailing from Bristol which is not far from us - thought we would give it a go to see what they are like as they are getting some very favourable reviews at the moment & they do some excellent 3/4 sharing reductions which Thomson no longer do :(

We are also going to France for holidays twice this year so a couple of mini-cruises each way too!!!

You will have to get yourself a tablet to 'browse' ! :) ;)