Say Cheese - Taking the photo package

Blue&Gold

Having done this recently on the Eclipse I would recommend doing it at least once. For one price you get all the photos of you taken by the ship photographers as well as a digital copy. You end up with plenty of pictures to take home to keep or give to pretty much everyone you know.

Every night there are two spots where photos are taken as well as one photographer that walks around. Formal nights the spots for photos increases to about eight. When you go to one of these spots the photographer will take about five or six different poses of you and your party. For each pose you will get a sheet with one 8 x 10 photo and three 2.5 x 3.5 photos.

Take advantage of the package and go to as many of these spots. If you done one background don't be afraid to do it again another night when you are wearing something different. Try a few goofy poses as well. You do not need to dress fancy to get pictures on formal days.

Also on port days there are usually two or three photo ops as well. These are also included in the package. Also included are the photo taken when you board and ones taken in the dining room.

The ships photo staff are great and encourage you to got to all the photo spots. Remember to look for the roving photographer because they take shots using the ship as the backdrop. Once the staff gets to know you they seem to seek you out.

You will never look more relaxed then when you are vacation and it is always nice to have a photo of family and friends. I would not do it every cruise maybe every five years or so but I do recommend doing it.

We pre-paid for the pkg last Nov and it was $224.00 US We had pictures taken with friends and CC folks every time there was a chance. Handed out many sheets and still came home with close to 300! A couple of the photographers said we made that week one of the most fun they have had.

image.jpg.e9a59ee7171f0df21f274821b051335a.jpg

We did that one year two. We took our daughter and two of her friends to bermuda as her high school graduation gift. The girls had so much fun, jumping in front of each and every camera, whenever they saw one. The crew dubbed them Charlies Angels. They came home with a ton of pictures to share from a very memorable cruise!

Is there any discount through the CC? It seems like 10-15% for a package would make sense. Did you see anything when you were purchasing the package or does anyone else know?

Thanks

Ellen

Is there any discount through the CC? It seems like 10-15% for a package would make sense. Did you see anything when you were purchasing the package or does anyone else know?

Thanks

Ellen

Yes, there is a 10% discount for Classic members, 15% discount for Select and 20% for Elite .

We bought the unlimited photos + digital package for $299 in advance of our Dec 28 Eclipse (14 nt) cruise.

When I compared prices on board, you could break even with the 15% select coupon and do better with the Elite coupon. This assumes that you also take advantage of the on-board free prints deal when you buy the unlimited digital package within the first 3 days of the cruise (that coupon is in the last link).

Edited by mahdnc

We cruised last year on Royal Caribbean with our son and my parents. Since we had officially put him in my parents' cabin, we bought a buy all photo package on board and they went ahead and threw in their cabin so we got our son's individual photos. You might just want to talk to them on board. I got the impression that as many Celebrity cruisers are of an age where they don't care about professional photos, the folks there are desperate to take photos and sell packages.

So if we get The Package and we have three in our cabin (wife,daughter and myself) can we get some pictures with our family onboard? My Father and Mother will be cruising with us as well. Of course someone from our cabin would always be in the picture.

Yes, that's correct. We did that and got my parents into some of the photos, and got new friends into photos with us too. It was a lot of fun!