What is charge for FTTF if 2 cabins?

scrapperluv

My family (husband and 2 kids) have 2 cabins with an adjoining door. Would I have to pay the FTTF for each cabin? I don't know anything about this since it's our first cruise. What is I buy it for just myself...doesn't my family get the same benefits?

My family (husband and 2 kids) have 2 cabins with an adjoining door. Would I have to pay the FTTF for each cabin? I don't know anything about this since it's our first cruise. What is I buy it for just myself...doesn't my family get the same benefits?

49.95 per cabin. Everyone in the cabin gets all the benefits.

The benefits only apply to the cabin that you have purchased FTTF for. You won't get early boarding, early luggage delivery, priority boarding of tenders, etc. for the second cabin. You didn't say how old your children are but if they are small, I would guess that they could board with you without the FTTF. The problem that you may run into is that their S&S cards will be in a different place than your when you check in.

Edited by RWolver672

And if you use the FTTF benefit to get on tender boats, the kids wouldn't be able to go with you. :eek: Or if you go to the VIP/FTTF lounge when you get to the terminal and board early.......kids can't go with you then either because their Sign & Sail cards won't say FTTF.

Each cabin is a different booking. A different 'sale' so to speak.

We have 2 cabins and book it for each.

If your children are on your S&S card, which I assume they are, if you just get one FTTF for your cabin, you can board together, only your cabin will be ready. Drop off all your things in your cabin. Again, if the kids are young they could probably go with you on tenders if you have any.

The sign & Sail card have a Faster To The Fun logo on them. They are picked up/checked in at a different location than those who do not have it.

If the husband is in one room and the wife in the other & you only pay for one cabin.....then one of them will not have the benefit on their card.

No.....the people in the cabin withOUT Faster To The Fun will not be able to board early with the people in the cabin who do. The FTTF cabin will be given a 'Priority Boarding' sign while the others will have a zone number sign.

Also, the FTTF people will go to a different waiting room/lounge before boarding than people who do not have it.

Same on the tenders. When you cut to the front of the line or go to Guest Services & show them you're ready to board the tender, they ask to see your FTTF logo on your card. No logo, it's to the back of the line.

I do agree it should cover the family but it does not. That's why if you want your entire family (kids, adults, whoever) to have the benefit then you have to purchase it for each cabin.

It would be $99.90. But just buy one, cause they're allowed to go on with you if it's all one booking and you paid for them. Also look at the other benefits of FTTF, and see if you can live without the other small stuff.

The sign & Sail card have a Faster To The Fun logo on them. They are picked up/checked in at a different location than those who do not have it.

If the husband is in one room and the wife in the other & you only pay for one cabin.....then one of them will not have the benefit on their card.

No.....the people in the cabin withOUT Faster To The Fun will not be able to board early with the people in the cabin who do. The FTTF cabin will be given a 'Priority Boarding' sign while the others will have a zone number sign.

Also, the FTTF people will go to a different waiting room/lounge before boarding than people who do not have it.

Same on the tenders. When you cut to the front of the line or go to Guest Services & show them you're ready to board the tender, they ask to see your FTTF logo on your card. No logo, it's to the back of the line.

I do agree it should cover the family but it does not. That's why if you want your entire family (kids, adults, whoever) to have the benefit then you have to purchase it for each cabin.

What Checkers says would be true if you were two seperate adult couples cruising together. Yes, there will be an FTTF logo on the S&S card(s) for those that have purchased it. However, since it's you and your children, I don't think anyone will make your children board the ship seperately, nor do I think your children will be made to board seperately on a tender boat. Just to be safe, call your PVP and see what she/he says about it.

I'm not trying to argue but don't want the OP to be misinformed then mess up his vacation. You can't just buy another FTTF when you get there if you need it.

We also booked both cabins ourselves and paid for both cabins. All 4 of us on one Sign & Sail account. No, our kids in the next door cabin would not be able to use the FTTF benefits.

We used FTTF last year. I was booked in one cabin with our daughter and husband in the next one with our son. Switched when we got there.

This year, our college son is old enough, so he & his sister are booked in one cabin & us in the other. We still had to purchase FTTF for BOTH cabins.

No, they won't make your children board separately, etc. But you - with FTTF - will have to wait and go with them - at the non-FTTF time. Which will make the whole purchase for your cabin not necessary because you won't be able to use the benefits.

Edited by CheckersMidwest

We have 2 cabins for my family of 5 and happily paid the $100 because we feel the value of the FTTF is worth that to our family. In the grand scheme of things and the total cost of the cruise $100 seemed like a drop in the bucket for what you get.

I'd also be very careful with the advice about getting one for just one cabin hoping they'll allow you to take your children on with you and on tenders. Each ship and port is different. it would be pretty embarrasing assuming that's the way it works to be turned down. Just my opinion.

Good luck!!!

The sign & Sail card have a Faster To The Fun logo on them. They are picked up/checked in at a different location than those who do not have it. I agree

No.....the people in the cabin withOUT Faster To The Fun will not be able to board early with the people in the cabin who do. The FTTF cabin will be given a 'Priority Boarding' sign while the others will have a zone number sign. I disagree

Also, the FTTF people will go to a different waiting room/lounge before boarding than people who do not have it. I disagree

We had it on the Freedom out of FLL. When we checked in, I was given a Priority sign. DW wasn't. When we boarded the ship, I handed the lady by the door the card and we both walked in. She never questioned how many were in my party.

For our cruise, Diamond/Platinum were in a separate room. FTTF sat with the rest of the zones. Granted, it was the first cruise on the Freedom that had FTTF and they may have changed it since then but that was the way it was for our cruise.

Edited by RWolver672

I assume you and your wife were booked in the same cabin - so both having FTTF?!

We also sailed the Freedom last May. Our sign & sail cards were checked. They also 'dinged' when we boarded as to who we were (and all your info)

Disagree all you want.

I will follow the rules. They REQUIRE one FTTF per cabin, not per family.

Cheat them if you prefer but don't get mad when it doesn't work. The OP was asking what was needed. I presumed they wanted an honest answer.

What are the ages of your kids, and are they booked into a separate cabin?

If they are young, it won't really matter. Though the rules state otherwise, you could probably get away with just one fttf. If they are older and able to be on their own for awhile, then you will possibly need two FTTF.

Some people have reported being able to get their kids and even friends on using FTTF, others have reported this was not the case. However, I believe everyone with very young children was able to get the benefits.

I assume you and your wife were booked in the same cabin - so both having FTTF?!

We also sailed the Freedom last May. Our sign & sail cards were checked. They also 'dinged' when we boarded as to who we were (and all your info)

Disagree all you want.

Cheat them if you prefer but don't get mad when it doesn't work. The OP was asking what was needed. I presumed they wanted an honest answer.

Yay!!!

I agree.

Disagree all you want.

I had the same dilemma as the OP. But I decided to do what you suggested and buy it for both cabins. Even though I had 4 kids in the second cabin, I did not want any hassles or questions when we all tried to board together. It is worth $100 to me to have us all board together with no unanticipated problems.