Text charges. Outgoing and incoming if on same acct?

mgarcia10

Silly question, but my husband and I have the same cell account. If I text him do I get charged the outgoing and he also gets charged the incoming?

Verizon: yes. AT&T: no. Don't know about other carriers.

Darn. Thanks!

Really, unless you text A LOT, the charges don't end up being much.

Typical for me is just an extra $3-$4 added on to the next bill.

The highest I had was $25 extra on a 5-nighter, but I was sailing with 5 other people that were able to text onboard, in addition to the usual check-on-the-dog sitter-back-home texts!

I suppose I should also mention that was a NYE cruise, so I MAY have gotten carried away w/ some Happy-New-Year drunk texting to friends back home!:D

No matter who you send the text message to, you will get charged the outgoing price no matter what. The only difference is that with AT&T, you can receive messages at the same price you receive them at within the normal service area.

So if you sent a message to your husband, you would still get charged the 50 cents.

Verizon: yes. AT&T: no. Don't know about other carriers.

T-Mobile US, $0.50 to send, "plan rates" to receive. Which means whatever you'd pay in the US to get them. If that's free and unlimited, so be it, on all of RC's line. Calls are still about $6 a minute.

Most of the Caribbean and North America also gets "Simple Choice" coverage: $0.20 per minute for calls, text and data free. It's gotten to the point where it is literally cheaper to call from Canadian towers on a T-Mobile phone than on Alaskan ones.

Edit: Middle-east, central Asia and Africa and the little islands in the middle of the Pacific are the main places where there are countries that *aren't* part of that plan, it seems. Might as well leave the phone on on shore under that plan.

Edited by hellsop