Friends of Dorothy need not apply.

Freddie, thanks for the clarification on the lack of equal protection of US laws, both federal and state. I believe in federal employment, there are such protections, perhaps that was the root of the confusion? It is painful to think that at this time that we seem to be heading in the wrong direction in so many areas, but this is not the place for that discussion.:)

Hopefully, Regent will continue to be a 'medium' where people from all walks of life can meet and enjoy each other and wherever their ships may take them.

Freddie-- I can only hope that you will be on one of our upcoming cruises! My husband does not dance and according to my former horse trainer and dear dear friend, I have the "worst rhythm of any woman on the North American continent""!! I would love to dance at least once on a cruise!!!

In all seriousness, we are in the hunter jumper horse business and are surrounded by gay men. I have no problems with FOD meetings, but I would be very very surprised if any of our friends would attend any meetings like that.

Debi

Hi Debi, I rode hunters and jumpers in shows as well as saddle bred and five gated. We were in the horse biz as well and showed in Madsion Square Garden. My mother still lives in Lexington Kentucky and was an equitation teacher.

Yes we always had gay employees and riders. I am so glad you mentioned this. Sorry a bit off topic.

Having worked in Human Resources in California for 20 years, I was shocked that anti-discrimination laws that protected sexual orientation were not federal. Upon doing further research, I learned which states have protection ..... here is a link in case you are interested https://www.aclu.org/maps/non-discrimination-laws-state-state-information-map . If there is any good news in this, two very large states (New York and California) do have these laws and many people flee these areas at the first opportunity to live elsewhere. People like myself carry with us the values we were raised with and/or learned in the workplace. I hope this map show will show all 50 states have these laws in my lifetime.