Anyone been on a waiting list for FTTF?

scrapperluv

Hi everyone! We tried to get FTTF for our Breeze cruise in May but it was sold out. My travel agent put us on the wait list and I'm wondering if anyone from the wait list actually gets the FTTF pass. What are they "waiting" for? I doubt people cancel their cruises or FTTF reservations, so how would more become available?

My sister joined our cruise last minute last year (1 week before sail). We checked that night for FTTF and was sold out. Kept checking & 4 days later 1 was available! It does happen.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My sister joined our cruise last minute last year (1 week before sail). We checked that night for FTTF and was sold out. Kept checking & 4 days later 1 was available! It does happen.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can attest to the keep checking back plan. I just booked a week and a half ago for a sailing this Sunday March 16th. FTTF had been sold out since I booked. Tonight, 1 1/2 days to sailing and a FTTF slot opened up and I jumped on it.

So, it does prove that checking back even though FTTF shows sold out can pay off.

Thanks SO much! I hope one become available. I don't know how my travel agent got me on a "waiting list". I wonder if she was just saying that...

Probably. This is the first I've heard of anyone mentioning a wait list.

Thanks SO much! I hope one become available. I don't know how my travel agent got me on a "waiting list". I wonder if she was just saying that...

If you really want it, you should check with your TA to find out exactly what this waiting list is as I find hard to believe one exist if noone here has heard of one.

Then you can decide if you want to play the "check everyday" game.

Frankly, I do not even mind waiting in lines and I will buy it the next time. From the door to being on the ship was a total of 15 min for 4 people including my elderly mother which is why I bought it in the first place, but where it won a place in my heart was when we had to go to the desk several times due to a bag not being delivered. It was the 4th day that it was turned in by the person who had received it in error and had just shoved it in a closet thinking it belonged to someone in their party.

If you email the excursion department letting them know that you want to purchase FTTF they will email you when they are opening more slots. I emailed them and about 2 weeks later I got an email back saying more spots were opening up and sure enough I got mine for my April 6 cruise.

I did the "Check Every Day " game and it finally worked. The Mrs. had put two FTTF in her shopping cart (we have two cabins) paid for one and then when she went to pay for the second one it disappeared. She went back to buy it again and it was Sold Out! We called Carnival and the rep told us to call back on Monday to talk to their IT department. I did that and was basically told "Sorry, Charlie." So I just kept checking and about a month later I was checking again on my bus ride home from work and voila! FTTF was available for purchase. I clicked on it and was able to purchase the one we needed. However when I went back to see if there was more, it said Sold Out! again. I'd just keep checking. Good Luck!

I hope you really trust this TA because there is no wait list and she is just doing the checking for you. Are you sure it was the FTTF that she said you were wait listed for and not your preferred dining time?

Frankly I think it shows a little bit of a lack of integrity that she would tell you something that doesn't exist.

I would do my own checking several times a day and call her as soon as I saw one. Hopefully it will be during her office hours and you won't miss it again. That's why I won't book with anyone that isn't available 24 hours a day.

I wouldn't trust that TA to get FTTF for you. There is no waiting list for that. There is a waiting list for dining preference though so maybe that is what she was referring to. You should go online to Carnival.com and put your booking number in so that you can access your account. Go into your booking where you would purchase Excursions. FTTF is an excursion for your homeport. It will either show "sold out" or "Add to Cart". If it has add to cart you can add it and then purchase with a credit card. If this is really something you want I would check a couple of times a day. Good luck.

I have been trying to buy FTTF for our Dec 6th sailing and it is saying sold out...I cant really believe it would be sold out since I booked it at the 1st of January, with nearly 12 months before the cruise.....I was wondering if maybe

they don't open it up that far out or if it is actually already sold out...bought it before with only 6 months before sailing and there were several slots open, so this has me really baffled...any thoughts?

HI all!

I believe there is a waiting list. I emailed Carnival about another shore excursion & mentionned I wanted FTTF & the person said he'd put me on the wait list but by the time he got back to me I had already nabbed one.

I'd keep checking just in case there really isn't one since nobody's heard of it. They seem to come open a few times before the cruise.

~ Jo ~ :)

I have been trying to buy FTTF for our Dec 6th sailing and it is saying sold out...I cant really believe it would be sold out since I booked it at the 1st of January, with nearly 12 months before the cruise.....I was wondering if maybe

they don't open it up that far out or if it is actually already sold out...bought it before with only 6 months before sailing and there were several slots open, so this has me really baffled...any thoughts?

Hi again Tootsiebit...we booked FTTF just after booking our cruise in january..so they DO open it up that far out. It must have just sold out. I have read post on here that say they sometimes add more slots...not sure if its true, but keep trying...so we can have our celebratory first drink together sooner than later?? Of course, it would have to wait until after lunch, as I am all about food!! Keep trying, and good luck. We did FTTF last cruise in November, and loved it. I plan on being at the terminal early, and getting it all started as soon as posible! :)

Hiya Tootsie........they do open additional space as the cruise books up. A really important time to check is right around final payment due date, and also about a week out.

I think they release the slots in 15 cabin increments and have a total of only about 60 available based on the Diamond/Platinum numbers.

let me tell you what happened on our last two cruises.

FTTF was sold on both of them. I emailed the Excursions Department and asked to be put on the wait list. A few days/a week later they emailed me stating that they had started selling FTTF and that I needed to book it right away. Sure enough, I jumped on the site and was able to book it.

I'm not saying this normal, or what not, but that is what happened on our Sunshine and upcoming Breeze cruise.

If you email the excursion department letting them know that you want to purchase FTTF they will email you when they are opening more slots. I emailed them and about 2 weeks later I got an email back saying more spots were opening up and sure enough I got mine for my April 6 cruise.

Dang! I'm on the same sailing and have been checking every day and haven't been able to get it.

I'll keep checking and thanks for the tip!