Ship to shore calls

wants2cruise2

Leaving in 2 days on the Splendor, can't find this answer either here or on CCL site, I know the rates for my AT&T cell will be 2.50 a minute at sea, but does anyone know the rates for the phone in your cabin? They can be used to call home too can't they?

Thanks for any help.

We just returned from the Dream 3 wks ago. We took our 9yr old grandson for the 7 day cruise. Needless to say, Mom was adamant that she speak with her child at least a few times during the trip. Maybe to make sure we had not pitched him overboard?! :eek: We called, of course, using our cell on departure (free) on Saturday, from the room for $1.99 per minute on Monday, and then again on Thursday. Total cost around $20. We then called as soon as we arrived in port the following Saturday morning. It was enough to satisfy the MOM, but not enough to break the bank. If you just need to check in for a few minutes, it is really not too much to pay. Just don't plan on carrying on a conversation over a few minutes. This wasn't a problem with a 9 yr old talking to his Mom. Imagine, "Hi Mom, yeah, I'm having a great time, bye Mom, love you.....here Gamma, Mom wants to talk to you" LOL

Edited by gamma5

• 3 weeks later...

I am sailing on the Sunshine this weekend and have been told by one PVP that I will be able to call home from my cabin at 2.50 per minute, but yet another PVP told me that Carnival does not offer the ability to call home from the ship anymore, only use of cell phones. Can anyone confirm this either way on the Sunshine?

I am sailing on the Sunshine this weekend and have been told by one PVP that I will be able to call home from my cabin at 2.50 per minute, but yet another PVP told me that Carnival does not offer the ability to call home from the ship anymore, only use of cell phones. Can anyone confirm this either way on the Sunshine?

Yes you can call from your cabin at $1.99 per minute. At least that's what it was on Liberty this past January.

We sailed on the Sunshine Feb 16th and I placed several calls from our cabin through guest services and wasnt charged! For some reason I couldnt get it to work dialing it myself so I called for assistance, fully expecting to pay the $1.99 a minute. Was a nice bonus they ended up not charging me :)

Can anyone tell me how reliable the wifi speeds are for smartphones when on the ships? The only apps I use are a few Dating apps, Facebook, SnapChat, The Weather Channel, and that's about it. I have an iPhone which does imessaging (iPhone to iPhone) so I'm also wondering if the speeds are fast enough to use imessaging bc it's free and only uses data, doesn't count as a text.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Leaving in 2 days on the Splendor, can't find this answer either here or on CCL site, I know the rates for my AT&T cell will be 2.50 a minute at sea, but does anyone know the rates for the phone in your cabin? They can be used to call home too can't they?

Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure how much a minute but we got 3 from home and the total on my sign and sail was 15.33