Disney dream or carnival sunshine

woohoo1

It seems MizDaisy is a Carnival fan....that's cool, if it works for you. I am a DCL fan. I don't find the price unreasonable. For my family, we prefer quality over quantity anyday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very well said!

For extra special, I'd do Disney. There is something very special about a Disney cruise - almost intangible - from the moment they "announce" your arrival onto the ship. The service is top notch. All of the crew/CMs are so nice - everyone has a smile and says hello. Our 4 yr old can't get enough of the characters and princesses. The shows are excellent - and much more family friendly that what you'll find on Carnival. Dinner is an affair - all of the waiters/assistants love the kids and entertain them. The AP dining room is fun. Castaway Cay is a great day too!

We were last on the Carnival Breeze (during its inaugural year) after not being on Carnival in quite a while. It was a very different "atmosphere" and while there were some positives there just weren't enough to persuade me to go on Carnival again.

I'm the same way. When cost is an issue we sail the other lines NCL or RCCL, and they are fun. but when I can afford to spend more, it is always on Disney because to my family, they are worth it.

It seems MizDaisy is a Carnival fan....that's cool, if it works for you. I am a DCL fan. I don't find the price unreasonable. For my family, we prefer quality over quantity anyday.

Twelve Disney cruises, four NCL, one Princess and 4 Carnival.....so my Disney experiences far outweigh any others....

Even on the DIS Boards these days, people are talking about how DCL is pricing themselves out of the market.

Maybe after 12 cruises with them, I'm just bored, who knows?

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a "fan" of any one over the other.....but I look at a cruise as a nice bed & room, good meals and a way to get from one island to another. Our kids are grown now, so we don't NEED the Disney character experience, and the same shows over and over....and if our kids were still young now, we probably couldn't afford Disney....it's just gone up in price too much.

I'd still go on DCL if the itinerary were good....one we haven't done before, and we've done all of DCL's "special" itineraries except for the European ones....and if the cost was reasonable.

Just because I said the soda isn't a good enough reason to book DCL over another doesn't mean anything. I'd say that about Royal Caribbean and I've never sailed them....to me, that's a really stupid reason to book a cruise, having a soda fountain on the pool deck. I realize that isn't the ONLY reason you or anyone else would choose Disney, I just personally get a chuckle out of seeing that listed as a "good" reason.

Sorry if I struck a nerve with you.

Quality is in the eye of the beholder....just as food, entertainment, comfort....all those things are subjective. I absolute HATE liver....but my mom likes it. That doesn't mean she's WRONG....it just means we like different things.