Alcohol you can only buy on board, not for sale in the USA?

Last cruise I went on, an NCL cruise, one day they was doing sample liqueur tastings and the specific samples, I can not remember but it was a single bottle that was split in half with one side of the bottle something dark and the other side something white (maybe cream) and the guy in the NCL store was saying this is not a drink that can be sold in the US. My question is, was he making this up? Also any ideal what this was? Finally if he was not making this up, how could I be expected it to carry it off the ship?

, how could I be expected it to carry it off the ship?

If flying, in a suitcase, can't carry, has to be checked

Otherwise,

By hand

A carry on

Backpack

Suitcase

Bag, paper or plastic

box

:p

Edited by setsail

That's Sheridan's, and you cannot buy it in the US. Find a UPS store and see if they'll package it for you to carry on the plane (or to ship, but they may not be able to), or go to an office supply or Target/Walmart and get some bubble wrap and wrap it really well and put it in your suitcase.

Due the shape of the bottle, most of the available bottle protectors won't work for that.

Last cruise I went on, an NCL cruise, one day they was doing sample liqueur tastings and the specific samples, I can not remember but it was a single bottle that was split in half with one side of the bottle something dark and the other side something white (maybe cream) and the guy in the NCL store was saying this is not a drink that can be sold in the US. My question is, was he making this up? Also any ideal what this was? Finally if he was not making this up, how could I be expected it to carry it off the ship?

Others found the name of it for you, but to answer your second question, what the man meant was that it wasn't distributed in the US. It's not illegal to own/bring in, just nobody sells it there. You won't have any trouble bringing it off the ship with you (as long as you're within your maximum duty-free liquor allotment).

I believe you are talking about Sheridan's. It's an Irish liquor and half of the bottle contains a dark, coffe & whisky liquor, and the other half contains a liqueur of milk white chocolate. The taste is superb!

Just because it isn't sold, does not mean you can't carry it off the ship. The ship would not sell something you can't bring with you. Many ports will also sell items that is not available in the USA. This is nothing unusual.