2br ncl vs 2oceanview celebrity for party of 6

Hi,

I travel with my parents age 78,76 and my husband and two teens. We are booking for baltics next year. Please advice which one to take:

2br ncl 9 nights copenhagen rd trip for usd 9700 plus gratuities with 300 obc. 1st time on ncl if ever. Add gratuities. . Deposit 1500 plus booksafe platinum insurance 1000.

Or 2 ocean views celebrity amsterdam rd trip one for 2( for parents) and 4 for us. Cost usd 11000 with 150 each obc, total 300, but i have obcs from booking on board and japan cruise cancellation of usd 1000 that will be transferred, plus keep deposit that we did whenwe booked on board before, covers gratuities and photo package that we want. 2nd time on celebrity. Chance to collect more points towards the future. No cash out except insurance at this time.

My added concern is that my dad is very fluid, cant be sure if he will go or not, when something else comes up. If he cancels late in the day, i wont be able to afford the 2br just for my family of 4. If my parents go, it would be quite luxurious with the extra space, butler, balcony and the ease of having meals in the room.

Flight wise, klm to ams very easy from manila, or to london then ferry to ams.

What do you all recommend?

If money isn't the problem, I would pick the one that offers the best itinerary. That should always be the deciding factor.

We cruise NCL about 3 years ago, leaving from Dover and loved it. They don't do that itinerary anymore, but they are usually cheaper than most other cruise lines that offer the same things.

Check your days and times in ports, see which ports may be different between the two cruises and see which one suits your and your family the best.

I guess some one has to book those expensive suites or else they wouldn't be there. Personally, this is a very port intensive cruise, with minimal time spent in cabins, I would save the money and book 2 inside cabins.

Cheers

Len

Thanks for responding Len,

Another option that i found on the same price range, 1 quad inside for my family, and a balcony across for parents on celebrity silhouette. If parents dont go, still affordable for me.

One more thing, celebrity was coming out cheaper per night vs ncl, 13 vs 9 nights.

I think my dad will appreciate a balcony, he is an early riser, like 4am... And he will be bored in an inside. Its like putting a lion in a cage.

Ports, celebrity has 1 extra port fredericka, a a couple more relaxing sea days. Otherwise, same highlights, 2 days spb, copenhagen, stockholm, tallin, helsinki, plus amsterdam to start and end with.

I hope im choosing right, but im more inclined to celebrity now.

Thanks for responding Len,

Another option that i found on the same price range, 1 quad inside for my family, and a balcony across for parents on celebrity silhouette. If parents dont go, still affordable for me.

One more thing, celebrity was coming out cheaper per night vs ncl, 13 vs 9 nights.

I think my dad will appreciate a balcony, he is an early riser, like 4am... And he will be bored in an inside. Its like putting a lion in a cage.

Ports, celebrity has 1 extra port fredericka, a a couple more relaxing sea days. Otherwise, same highlights, 2 days spb, copenhagen, stockholm, tallin, helsinki, plus amsterdam to start and end with.

I hope im choosing right, but im more inclined to celebrity now.

Do you possibly mean Fredrikshavn? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederikshavn

I would personally go for Celebrity. In my experience (cruised both lines) the food on NCL in the Main Dining Room was of such poor quality that we spent quite a bit extra on specialty meals. On Celebrity we find the MDR food to be on par or better than the NCL for fee specialty dining food.

I would personally go for Celebrity. In my experience (cruised both lines) the food on NCL in the Main Dining Room was of such poor quality that we spent quite a bit extra on specialty meals. On Celebrity we find the MDR food to be on par or better than the NCL for fee specialty dining food.

Thank you for this, I was also quite concerned with the food, my mom loved celebrity MDR when we went to Alaska last year, I dont want her disappointed and 13 days is a long time with mediocre food selection, kinda ruins the experience.

We have sailed NCL 7 times and never had one problem with their food. Always thought it was pretty good' date=' with a great selection and variety. I have never sailed Celebrity, but we have sailed several other cruise lines and found NCL food on the same par as most of the others. You know, to each their own.

As I said in a previous post, if you are going on a Baltic cruise and having food be the deciding factor as to which cruise you take?. For me, food is way down on the list of priorities.

Cheers

Len[/size']

As I said in a previous post, if you are going on a Baltic cruise and having food be the deciding factor as to which cruise you take?. For me, food is way down on the list of priorities.

Len

Yes, food is one of the deciding factors for me. While it is not my top priority, nor is it "way down" on my list. I love to cook, and think I'm pretty good at it. I would not pay for a vacation that did not provide me with meals that we at very least as good as I could make myself. And for me NCL failed miserably. To each their own.

Hi,

My numbers for celebrity wasnt right, found it to be way too much money.

We chose the 2br ncl, port intensive and all, im hoping my parents will be able to enjoy and relax on this trip.

If it was just myself n my family, we would be in inside cabins, but as others have said, its i portant to build happy memories, and hopefully being in an ncl suite will enhance the experience.