Tell me about... Legend

carnival03

Green Thunder and Waterworks did not open for us until we were docked in Cozumel. We had very high winds and close to 14 ft. swells on the way there and it was VERY rocky. The ship was swaying every which way. That first seaday was the roughest of the entire cruise. The seaday on the way home the ship felt like it wasn't moving. Green Thunder and Waterworks were open everyday after that, but seemed to close right before the first dining time.

Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze. We did not have FTTF, but got it literally took us less than 20 minutes to get from drop off to stepping on the ship. We were told our cabin was ready when we checking in. When we got there the steward was just finishing up and offered for us to leave our carry-ons in the closet while he finished up. We did not use the express luggage (I'm assuming you mean when you put your luggage out at night) We rolled ours off ourselves and were off the ship by 9:45. Granted the line for that wrapped around multiple areas of the ship, but when it started moving, it moved fast. Remember, they want you off to get ready for the next group! So they don't waste any time. There was also a hold up at first due to some international people not meeting where they were supposed to in order to be cleared before the rest of us could leave.

Hasbro was in the main lounge on the main stage which is on the lower deck.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. When you get dropped off at the terminal (Tampa) are you dropped off right in front of the porters or do you have to go searching? I know at some ports this gets confusing. Also did you have to show any type of ID to get into the cruise terminal? I keep hearing this come up over the boards, however I do not recall doing that in Baltimore.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. When you get dropped off at the terminal (Tampa) are you dropped off right in front of the porters or do you have to go searching? I know at some ports this gets confusing. Also did you have to show any type of ID to get into the cruise terminal? I keep hearing this come up over the boards, however I do not recall doing that in Baltimore.

I live, literally, 25 minutes from the Port of Tampa so for us we left the house and were on the ship in less than an hour. The Port of Tampa is one of the greatest ports you will ever leave from, and I'm not saying this because I live here! I have sailed out of both Miami and Port Canaveral and Tampa is the fastest and easiest. You will basically get dropped off right in front of the door where you enter the building. They have a roundabout and then a covered area for drop offs. As soon as you get out of the car many porters will be standing there gathering everyone's luggage. We gave them a couple bucks per checked bag and basically walked right through the door. Security was quick too.

If I remember correctly, you only need your passport (or picture ID) and your boarding pass before you enter the building. I think you may need an ID when you get to the Carnival desk. Honestly, it all went so fast I don't remember what exactly we needed, but we definitely used our passport and boarding pass. Kids needed their birth certificates. Carnival recommends carrying your ID with you when you get off the ship at the ports so I would be sure you have it. We took ours with us each time and left our passports in the safe in the cabin.

Here is the video I finished featuring Green Thunder, Waterworks and the Twister slide. It is also a collection of our time spent on the Lido Deck.

What aggravates me is I used music in this video that is not copyrighted and YouTube is saying there is matched third party content right now. I disputed it as I got the music off Jamendo.com which is free music sharing for personal use and huge with the GoPro community. All my other videos that feature music from that site have not had any problems. So you may need to view on non-mobile devices until they clear this up.

Enjoy!

Very nice video, the waterworks area is very nice. Can't wait to spend time there on Green Thunder. I also wanted to ask do you go around the new shop area with Cherry on Top? Did you go in at all?

Yes, I "browsed" through Cherry on Top. It is not very big at all. One side has bulk candy and another side has packaged candy and snacks for purchase as well. I think specialty items can be ordered from there for the cabin, but don't quote me on that.

By the way, "The Taste Bar" is a small cart that is open only a few nights during sailing. The specialty coffee and dessert bar is a decent size but honestly, I never saw anyone ever purchase anything from there. It was always empty when I walked by. They also have a very small coffee bar in the Unicorn Cafe with specialty coffees for purchase. Bonsai Sushi never had more that 3 tables filled whenever I walked by, although those that tried it said it was very good. There is just SO MUCH FOOD everywhere that we totally forgot to even go in and order a sushi appetizer from Bonsai...which we talked about doing before our trip.

Serenity is amazing especially as its near the buffet and aft.

The ship never felt overcrowded and there was hardly any lines.

The MDR is a little gaudy but well spaced.

The enchanted forest walkway is a good spot for relaxing with books etc.

Be careful with the forward pool as it was full of smokers.

Not tried the new RF pub or green thunder slide but looks amazing.

The firebird comedy lounge fills up fast so get there quick.

If you adore hot tubs without being squashed the gym one is great.

Taste bar is by Dreamteam bar

Im happy to answer any questions...esp about 4k cabins lol.

What cabin did you stay in?? We have a 4K in July

Urns, urns and more urns....that pretty much sums up the Legend. The ugliest ship I've ever been on. The enchanted forest is cool....but the rest of the decor, ewwwwww.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I asked the bartender at the Atrium bar one slow day if he knew what was in all the urns? He looked around and said 'no'. I told him dead sea captains are put in each one so they can travel the sea forever. His eyes got wide as saucers and he was truly amazed!

Later in the week I let him know I was only kidding...I was glad he laughed.

Yes, I "browsed" through Cherry on Top. It is not very big at all. One side has bulk candy and another side has packaged candy and snacks for purchase as well. I think specialty items can be ordered from there for the cabin, but don't quote me on that.

By the way, "The Taste Bar" is a small cart that is open only a few nights during sailing. The specialty coffee and dessert bar is a decent size but honestly, I never saw anyone ever purchase anything from there. It was always empty when I walked by. They also have a very small coffee bar in the Unicorn Cafe with specialty coffees for purchase. Bonsai Sushi never had more that 3 tables filled whenever I walked by, although those that tried it said it was very good. There is just SO MUCH FOOD everywhere that we totally forgot to even go in and order a sushi appetizer from Bonsai...which we talked about doing before our trip.

Where did they put Bonsai? What is the cost?

Where did they put Bonsai? What is the cost?

Bonsai is right off the Atrium, forgive me because I spent a week on the ship and was still getting lost on the last day, either on the 2nd or 3rd floor...I think.

Here is the menu with prices from the Carnival website:

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/BonsaiSushiMenupdf.ashx

Edited by AgileBoxer