Windstar prices for Tahiti dropping

I have been watching the prices for 2014 Tahiti cruises on the Wind Spirit. I notice yesterday there does seem to be some reduction in prices. Just a heads up for anyone already booked and final payment not made or for someone that might be dreaming of doing this exciting cruise.

Fingers crossed that our cruise will be blessed with some price reduction before our final payment is due.

I have been watching the prices for 2014 Tahiti cruises on the Wind Spirit. I notice yesterday there does seem to be some reduction in prices. Just a heads up for anyone already booked and final payment not made or for someone that might be dreaming of doing this exciting cruise.

Fingers crossed that our cruise will be blessed with some price reduction before our final payment is due.

The One Week sale ended and all the prices returned to previous pricing. The savings during the sale was around $400 pp. Hope prior to June 1st (date of our final payment) we see another One Week sale that includes our Sept. sailing.

Since you are a returning Windstar sailor, hopefully you were able to get past-cruiser pricing, offered on certain cruises.

We did get a past-cruiser discount on the Tahiti cruise but this cruise pricing has been a several hundred dollars higher then any of our past Windstar cruises. Maybe because of the area and the fact that WS hasn't been in Tahiti for several years and they are testing out the market. Given the high cost of airfare and everything else in Tahiti a few dollars saved always comes in handy.:)

Shirley

• 1 month later...
We were able to get a discount on our Sept. Tahiti cruise a couple weeks ago saved almost $200 pp.

Looking forward to hearing from those that are on the new Windstar Tahiti cruise starting this May.

I would love to know how you worked your flights. I tried so hard to make that September cruise work for us, but the additional nights we would have had to spend in Papeete to make the flights work completely blew the $400 savings out of the water (so to speak).

I would love to know how you worked your flights. I tried so hard to make that September cruise work for us, but the additional nights we would have had to spend in Papeete to make the flights work completely blew the $400 savings out of the water (so to speak).

As far as the flights we are using FF miles and that was not easy. My DH was up early on the morning of the target date to make the reservations. We arrive 3 nights early and stay in Moorea at the Hilton prior to boarding our ship. Coming back we will spend one night in Papeete and leave on the Saturday morning flight back to LAX. This was one of the most difficult trips to put together. Only because we wanted to go to Tahiti was it worth all the extra money and planning.

Shirley