What are your favorite lunch places and food items on sea days on FOS?

I love mdr on sea days. I usually order something off the menu and get the made to order salad. There is also a small buffet of daily specials. Not sure if it's in the windjammer as well but super yummy.

MDR lunch service on Royal Caribbean is on sea days. All ships offer the same Brasserie 30 salad bar/lunch menu setup. The lunch menus will rotate some of the offerings. Very easy to be in and out in 30-45 minutes.

Thanks!!! Love the suggestion of the MDR salad bar and entrees for lunch on sea days. I wonder why I missed that on the Allure 3 years ago? Great suggestion. It will be on my schedule of things to not miss. We didn't make it to the MDR for dinner last time we were on the Allure because we were way too busy having fun on the flow rider and swimming and hanging in the promenade people watching. Two hours to eat dinner with a teen? HaHa. No way. This time, now I can say we will for sure go to the MDR. Whoo-Hoo a new experience.

It's a freshly prepared salad to your specific requirements

Here's a sample menu

What sailing was that? I've never seen steak and kidney pie on a cruise I've been on, and I doubt it would be served on a ship with predominantly North American passengers. Was it out of the UK?

I like it and have had it but my parents are European.

I do know how to cook kidneys, you take a pot of water and boil the piss out of them. ;)

I love these threads. :D We've been on five cruises, going on our sixth in 59 days (not that I'm counting...), and I think we've eaten lunch at the Windjammer or Park Cafe every single day of every single cruise. We're such pool bums that it never occurs to us to go to the MDR for lunch, but I assume you're allowed in as long as your swimwear is covered and you're not wet? I keep hearing so much about this famous tutti salad, I can't wait to try it.

It's not surprising that pretty much every answer is the dining room. We have always sailed Carnival or Princess and I was surprised when we did the Freedom last month that the lunch choices are quite limited. We found Johnny Rockets to be expensive and not very good. The buffet got boring by the second or third day so there weren't many other options. The pizza is awesome but we often had that for afternoon snack so we didn't want it at lunch. The dining room really was the best option. The salad as mentioned was great but so were the menu items. I was really missing the choices on Carnival at lunch time.

I've never sailed FOS but on the Navigator and Serenade I love the Tutti Salad. And the pasta with tomato sauce isn't too bad. I love the chunks of fresh tomatoes in it. Especially since my family at home won't eat anything with chunks of tomatoes in it, expect a salad.

Lunch time on a sea day..... no question.... MDR.... the Tutti Salad is amazing! And there's a lovely menu to choose from if you're still hungry!

Exactly what I was going to write. It is my favorite meal of the trip. I love sea days in the dining room with the make your own salad. Then dessert off the menu. We open the dining room at 12 and spend a wonderful lunch as a big family catching up.

• 1 year later...
RCAlltheWay- thank you for reviving this thread! I was going through cruise compasses for my upcoming FOS cruise, and I had not come across Brasserie 30 anywhere else- was quite curious! Looks like a Tutti Salad is in my future :) Thanks, all!

I was shocked to learn of it as well, especially since I've cruised so many times in the past! In my defense, all but one of my cruises was before I was 18, so I just followed mom and dad :p